REQUEST: strumming patterns

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by harishh, Oct 23, 2006.

1. harishh

harishh New Member

ey i wanted to request you all to include strumming pattern while you submit chords 4 any song...it really helps alot....

2. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

The person will submit it if he has it. No need to make a thread for this..

3. harishh

harishh New Member

oh i forgot to pm every1 instead [:p]...kiddin...its just that i often see comments like nice work..perfect chords but very few people mention the strummin pattern while others tell u to figure it on ur own....guitarists at your level can easily play it but beginners like me need more help and atleast i cant figure the pattern at this stage..i hope u understand....btw it wud b gr8 if u tell me the strumming pattern of any song u like and whoever wants to help just write the name of the song plus the pattern ....

4. jozko

jozko Banned

Absolutely right. beginners need maximum help, support and encouragement

btw harishh which songs are u trying these days? Let's see if strumming is already posted. Let's try to make a compilation of generic strumming patterns for popular songs. Songs I know are few and most old hindi songs :-(

One of Bandbaajas thread mentions strumming pattern for several popular hindi songs. His article on strumming is really good. do read

5. harishh

harishh New Member

thanks a lot jozko...yeah lets do that...to be honest i was previously working on papa kehtay hain n the strumming from the forum i got was dduud....i feel im doing that almost perfectly....n now im tryin to figure do dil-pardes pattern...im also very much into old hindi songs but i cant figure the pattern n then try another n another w/o any luck...so i wanted some progress out of my practice....can u tell me patterns of the old hindi songs u know

6. harishh

harishh New Member

Dil ko tumse pyar hua -rhtdm...was posted by jayswami n its pattern was

d u d u d u(change chord) d u d u

7. harishh

harishh New Member

strumming pattern of main shair tu nahi is DDUDU

note: all patterns im posting are from the threads so all the credit goes to their hard work

8. jozko

jozko Banned

Harishsh good going

I hope u went through this excellent thread by Bandbaaja
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=5714

Following is his expl of Papa Kehe he pattern

Hitting on 1-2&-&4&
    This pattern if played at a moderate speed can be used for Papa Kehte Hain type of songs:

1--&--2--&--3--&--4--& | 1--&--2--&--3--&--4--& |
    D--X--D--U--X--U--D--U | D--X--D--U--X--U--D--U |

9. jozko

jozko Banned

Yours on Papa kehte he - d_du_ud_
    Bandbaaja's - d_du_udu

both are correct and suit the song. But one will sound better. Try both and use the one that sounds better to u. They key is getting beats, I think
    When this song's music (dialogue and before) starts I like to play ur version. later when vocals start i prefer Bandbaaja's

10. harishh

harishh New Member

bandbaajas thread is very helpful!....k de following is posted by meverick 8218

Here are a few songs based on the strumming patterns mentioned here:
    1. 1-2&-&4& - Last kiss, come as you are, hotel california, country roads, papa kehte hai, chura liya hai, cats in the cradle, given to fly.

2. 1-2&3-4& - All apologies, dum maro dum, living nextdoor to alice

A li'l word of caution, this may not be exactly how the original songs are played, it's just how i play them and the chord changes match the length of the strum.

11. jozko

jozko Banned

12. harishh

harishh New Member

thanks yaara....ok do dil-pardes pattern is D---U-D---U-D-- posted by bandbaaja......now the question is that is U D right after the first D or do u wait a lil.... i mean is it DUD UD or D UD UD and bandbaaja please explain dese chang ja jhangs r sometime chik chuk chak....so like when we hear any
    song we know that chuk mean D r U .....

13. jozko

jozko Banned

As far as i know Jayswami's chords are best than any others. But Jay sometimes strums as he likes and need not correspond to that of song always. He has mentioned it previously.
    There is Jay's awesome video on strumming this. I hope u been through that. Else let me know and I'll give you links.
    But I don't follow his pattern for this song. Here's a video of my pattern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OFHqNUT0w
    chk it if u are interested in variants.

14. harishh

harishh New Member

yeah i know tht J strums the way he wants .... can i download ur vids if u have uploaded somewhere else ? n btw im waiting 4 the patterns u r gud at :)

15. jozko

jozko Banned

harish, u can download mine or any youtube videos. Wait i am searching for 'do dil' song on my CDs.
    I am not good at any pattern, what i basically do is try songs i like until I feel satisfied. an example is dilko. And if people like J/Bandbaaja worked them out, i will read and try to understand their explanations.

16. harishh

harishh New Member

ey do i have to register in order to download as dere is no option 4 downloadin ur vids

17. jozko

jozko Banned

i play it like
    DUDUDudu
    where small udu are for keyboard music. big DUDs are same as bandbaaja's. So in your words it's quick, no wait. hand moves up and down and no strokes missed except last three

jhing jhangs chik chuks tunk are only used to explain song's rythm as we hear. Sometimes bass strings are hit prominently, sometimes treble, sometimes all, sometiems strings are muted. these produce different sounds and jhing jhungs are used to represent that

18. jozko

jozko Banned

I don't think u have to. I am using a firefox plugin from https://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php to download. Harish if u like english songs and wants to learn, there is not better place than youtube. There are also good videos on learning guitaring strumming etc, valuable source

19. jozko

jozko Banned

I haven't tried this song. Isn't it bobby song? I was humming it now and think it is more like D_D_DU in 3/4

20. harishh

harishh New Member

thtz great yaar...ill also stick to youtube now....first let me figure how to download vids as i dun use firefox i use internet explorer...