req help:: electric cover plate

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhimanjrekar, Nov 27, 2005.

1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

its like this...my electric guitar ka coverplate (SCRATCH PLATE ) is broken..i wanna fix it..i called up followin shops in MUMBAI....

1. Furatados ---- replied ki they don do it...
    2. shalu music---- replied they don have it
    3. peter periera in thane--- he can but will take months since hez busy
    4.ashish in malad--- the plate is readu at a place,but the owner is outta town..don know wen he l come... :eek::

now if any of u mumbai guys know ne place in MUMBAI wer i can get it done,plz tell me...gimme the contact details..i wanna get it done by 22 dec....plzzz..im ready to go ny distance in mumbai...jus gimme the number and the details........its electric givson ka model.... :help: :help: :help:

2. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey abhimanjrekar, i think i could help. Tell me the exact detail of the damage and good that i'm in hari-om. I'll PM u my no. and maybe i could help. Lets see the damage first.
    Regards
    luthier

3. abhimanjrekar

ya got it..thx..il call up today...

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey, I changed my Scratch plate just a few months back. I bought good imported plastic sheet. You get a variety of colours and thickness and even those 2 layered, 3 layered ones. I got them cut and fixed by somebody. The plate was 30 bucks and fixing it was kinda 100 bucks. Everybody was stunned with the result. Even I started loving the looks.

5. abhimanjrekar

yar the fukin problem is all shops r tellin we don have it............now wer do i find it in mum..if i give to Peter,he l return it after my son knows how to play the guitar..im callin up luthier today..letss see....

6. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey Ronnie, can u tell me the source of ur plate. I would like to get some. Since i am fully a part-time luthier i do not have any so called stock of parts. Any place in bangalore where i can get tuning keys too......
    Tell me surely. I need it urgently.
    Regards
    Luthier.

7. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Hey abhimanjrekar. Try Sunil Shinde. He is a guy in Kandivli West (Charkop, Sector IV, Plot D 443 (left from Saraswat bank, Navchaitanya Apartments. Go inside and ask for guitar repairwallah and anyone will show you) .

Ehsaan (of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy) suggested him.

I have given Sunil my Les Paul for repairs. Won't know how good he really is before I get it back, which is next week.

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

yeah heard about sunil shinde...infact he was recommended to me by Ashish Bhargava from Bhargava's.

@abhi...you can try at Bhargava's (Bandra) too.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

For Scratch Plates, there's some plastic sheet dealers near Avenue Road, Bangalore. They have some 100 varieties and 100 colours, so you can have a lot of fun. But for tuning keys, it's better to get it from abroad. Check out eBay, there are lots of Chinese Stores which ship to India reliably and you usually get it only in packs of 100 or so and it comes dirt cheap. I once wanted to get Neutric Jacks but 100 of them is of no use to me.

10. abhimanjrekar

hey no need now,i got one good dude in luthier..and stays in my area only....

11. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey abhimanjrekar...
    How did u like ur cover plate replacement. Are u satisfied with the new circuit setup. How does it sound now. Tell me if it is good or bad yaar. U did not give any feedback.
    Regards
    Luthier.

12. abhimanjrekar

arey i sent u a pm..dude u rock yaar.......im still not finished with u now...its jus the beginning.......rock on....the guitar rocks yar....

13. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

hey dude neutric connectors are now available in India. Give me a call sometime and I will direct you to the dealer.

14. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey chintan9
    let us alll know the dealers whereabouts....... if u wish so.

@abhi
    Thanx a lot for that feedback. I'm happy to have done it for u.
    Regards
    Luthier.