Replacement Neck for Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, May 30, 2008.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Hey i'm back posting after a long time. I'm thinking of upgrading my strat. I wanna know if there are any good and reliable luthiers who could make a maple strat neck for me. I guess there's Tulsi from chennai, Bobby from bangalore ,even Erisa. I wanna know from the people who have got guitars made from these luthiers about the quality of he neck. Are they well made and stable?

Any help is appreciated...

2. vstanv

vstanv New Member

Hi, I haven't got a custom guitar made from tulsi but for almost everything that has to do with my guitar I go just there... certatinly people you can trust, I tell you.. last time I went there to get the neck straightened and he did it in just seconds... and they've been at this job from even before I was born!!! can trust them dude.. anws you can ask my friend david at mpmdavid@gmail.com... one of his friends had an ovation-model guitar made from tulsi... I did hear that its so damn good...

their site: tulsiguitars.110mb.com
    their no:(044)28454263 (maybe you can call him up and enquire about the wood and ur spec)

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Sridhar...Go with Tulsi...My guitar is still good...after more than 3 years....Even after lots of playing, gigging and one round of re-fretting....

4. sridhar11_2

Thanks i'm planning on getting a maple neck with maple fingerboard and thinking of getting locking tuners with roller string trees. The nut is a problem though. I wanna basically upgrade this to be my main guitar which i wont soon replace so thinking of getting every upgrade possible. Does tulsi have locking tuners or graphite nut?

I'm getting overwound pickups and an active tone circuit too. I like a vintage bridge so i'll stick with that instead of wilkinson type.

5. sridhar11_2

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely consider tulsi now..