Regarding import, PLzzz help....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by master_o_puppet, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_o_puppet

master_o_puppet New Member

Hi everyone...
    I wanna buy a Silvertone SSL3, at present i have a Washburn N2, but now i wanna les paul (or atleast a replica... ;)...)... but my problem is this that no dealer in delhi have any dealing with Silvertone; so can anyone plzz... tell me how and where can i get the Silvertone SSL3...n ya...m not interested in buying used one.... this is my very first post, infact i signed up just coz of this problem, i hope u guys will help me out...

N ya one more thing, this goes out specially to Jayanth....
    Hey mani was just going through the previous threads n in one of them you had specified your guitar as:

Make:- Jackson
    Model:- KE3 Kelly

but in the pic you are holding a tansen...!!! which is clearly visible on the headstock...!!!! No hard feelings buddy... :beer:
    Regards..!

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I clearly know that.. I broke the headstock when i crashed.. I do have my old fretboard and headstock.. The only replacement that came in my Budget is a Tansen.. I know i get this everywhere. But when people check the serial NUmber and the Guitar Box its pretty Clear..

3. jayanth

I think everyone knows about the day of doom.. I tripped over a cable and fell. The guitar Broke. And got the fretboard replaced.. LOL.. Since you are quite new, excused..

Of course No hard feelings.. Except that i hate it when people point that out to me.. Cause after all that its gone thru and its called a Tansen?? LOL..

4. master_o_puppet

Hey thx dude for posting the reply.... n i m soo... sorry for ur guitar...
    But man neither u nor anyone else posted the way to buy Epiphone SSL3... Somebody plzzzz... help me out...!!!!! :((

5. jayanth

Ok.. I got my Guitar from USA.. so it was thru relatives.. YOu are in Delhi.. and for me thats one place i dont know much about.. If you were in Mumbai, i would have pushed some shop to get you the guitar.. Or Bangalroe or Chenai for that matter.. I dont know much about shops in Delhi.. If you have relatuives there who are coming here soon.. Ask them to get it for you..

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey master o pupet , sorry for the later reply , actually i really didnt c ur mail

https://www.zzounds.com/item--SVTSSL3 , check out this site and if you can afford it you can order it online ,... or else as jay said ask any of your relative who have some knowledge of guitars ,...

you can also try amazon.com

normally all these prices a lil bit high when compared to personal shopping but on the other hand most of the prices includes import duty , frieght , clearing and other misc charges - so pay and smile :)

7. master_o_puppet

hey jay (if i can call ya that), my relatives are there in the US, but the prob is this that if they get the guitar frm there, they'll hafta pay.., infact i'll hafta pay 110% duty, that means at the end of the day i'll be paying 210% of the actual price :(
    N ya one more thing, jackson kelly KE3 doesnt come in sunburst, n the price of ur guitar which i checked out yesterday only is Rs. 17,000 here in delhi, its a tansen dude, dont mind ha...
    Regards

8. master_o_puppet

hey booby, thx for the reply buddy...., but i had already checked out all the websites which are selling SSL3..., including this zzsounds thing..., infact i had mailed each n every site regarding the shipping, but they dont ship outside the US.... wut should i do...?? or rather i ask wut can be done...?????

9. jayanth

@ Master?? What are tryiong to say.. Tansen closed shop in 2001. I bought the guitar in 2002.. If i have to prove that its a jackson, i will.. LOL.. And havent you heard of customizations?? LOL.. LOL..

10. master_o_puppet

@jay....!!! hey dude wut in the world r ya talkin abt.... u r saying that tansen was shut down in 2001.. ok... now at the same time u r saying that u brought ur guitar in 2002.. accepted... now the ques arises wut is the tansen headstock doing on ur guitar...?? u couldnt even had customized it as the tansen was closed.... n add to all this... jackson kelly do not come in sunburst... n as for the tansen guitar, they are still very much available, the tansen kelly ke3 (sunburst) is piced at Rs.17000 if u dont trust me, here are the nos. of bharat music house, the very best music shop in delhi :
    011-(2)6310312
    011-(2)6823390
    have a rocking time buddy....
    Regards

11. jayanth

LOL.. Believe your ways.. The Tansen Headstock was installed on my guitar after i broke my Guitar.. LOL.. The Tansen spares are still available in Pro Musicals.. And if you want more history on my guitar contact Pro Musicals Chennai.. He helped me with the Import taxand stuff.. He'll tell you.. And Sunburst were available..Check their 2001 Summer catalogue.. Also try watching The Megadeth Live at Wembley video.. Marty friedman plays the Sunburst Kelly in Holy Wars and Trust..

LOL..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.