Regarding Covers

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by slash_i_m, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varshita

Varshita New Member

I must say...The idea is quite appealing !!...:beer:

I think the result should be left not just on the moderators or the admin... but should be open to general public also....who can come in and poll for the best cover!!
    Such a competition would really be quite a different thing all together on IGT !!

I m FOR such a competition !! :)

BTW slash.. ur inbox is full !!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Even I dont know :p

[addition]
    Knight_ki_ :
    If such things are left to public then am sure taht ppl like Abhijith Sawant (whatever that fellow's name is) will win. Rather than those who really deserve to.

3. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Well... u really want to leave the judgement only to the mods and admin?? then wat fun?
    Dont you think the biases will come in someway or the other?
    By public i meant the members of igt? well even that wont be bias proof.
    But i m sure if your work is good... it will show !!
    The deserving person will win accolades.... n it can be fair n transparent too !!

btw... it wasnt abhijeet sawant's win that shocked me... but KAZI TAUQEER.!!

4. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah rite.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm
    If this is just for fun, then it is ok to execute the public voting system.

Regarding the judgement thing: it is disuptable. I can extend your arguments to say that judgement should be left to the individuals on their postings too.
    That means there should be no MODS.

The reason why MODs are there is coz, they know their job.
    Same with music. If you let common ppl judge: it wont judgemnt of music, but judgement of friendship and other personal sentiments.

Ofcourse MODS are also humans, but
    1. Expectation Pressure will not let them be biased
    2. Whatever bias (MODS + FLs ~10) will be less than having 100s of biased judges (common public)

No problem if all this is just for fun. However, if for music, then ppl really versed with it should be the judge.

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

may be.:)why aren't the mods replyin.

7. Varshita

Varshita New Member

If we are so serious about it and we want the judges to be really versed with music....Then maybe we should call in experts ... wat do u think? Cos the mods are not "THE EXPERTS" or the final judgement...:think: :think:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correct.

All the more a reason to not to go ahead with this whole idea.

9. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Just cos some people fear bias... should we shelve a good idea??
    Shouldnt this actually make us ... really chalk out a way to go ahead with this??

Lets not show our escapist attitude !!

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL

Quite correct. Thats why I said (in overtones) first make a disclaimer that the contest is going to be for fun, and is in no way is influenced by the musical appeal.

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

if the results are not cribbed upon and are accepted in a healthy spirit then it shud happen....

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

(Most of) This is India. People will crib. People will bitch. People will be snide. Live with it.

I dunno but I feel that if we're going to have an "official" IGT contest, then why make it farcical? Musicians are probably the last of a dying race of people who feel that credibility is a factor to contend with.

13. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

man u wanna drop it ?.:mad:nooo.it'll be fun.

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

lets just say this...there is a great deal of favouratism here on IGT.....i will not be taking names....but great deal of amazing work has gone unnoticed, where as shyte has been applauded....we all know what happens on talents hunts, where audience votes by sms et al.....the fiasco which happend on saregama....?!?!?......
    no point in having a public poll.......

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Good to know some sensible people still alive in India, nay, on Earth.
    :)

Varshita likes this.
  16. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hehehe:)so are we having it ?

17. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

mods, wat do you think about it ?this thread's been here from almost a week.

18. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

quite rite saurabh........but i guess u r missin a major point here.........the idea is (well what i assume) to make things here competitive..........n even if there is favorism u've to live with it........i mean it doesnt put u off does it? its not ur academic exam that if u fail ur career would be at stake........... its jus somethin for fun n a change ( a healthy change i suppose) ............... so i would suggest ............lets have this competition..............but take it lightly...............winner doesnt have to be crowned at the end...........and the loser doesnt need to be thrown in the dust bin...........we are all equal...........jus a competition to have fun over here!

Varshita likes this.
  19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

BJR is working on it.
    Dont worry.

20. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Really ?wats BJR doin. ?:think:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.