Recommended album thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by distorted, Jun 22, 2010.

1. distorted

distorted satan

Started similar one in some sub-forum, but igt minus chitchat is almost dead, so this thread myt help us come across sum good stuff. N bitches, no ch00tiyamatic albums, recommend wt u seriously think is KVLT....

2. distorted

distorted satan

Album - Attende
    Band - Mistur
    Genre - viking/black metal
    Year of release- 2009
    Into viking metal? this is IT

3. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

DR's The return to darkness
    Rel: 2010
    I'm not much into death metal but this I liked!

4. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

BTW how about restricting it to artists who are not already universally known. No one wants to read post after post dealing with Beatles albums.

Album: Consciousness
    Artist: Smile Empty Soul
    Genre: Grunge/Alternative
    Year 2009

Smile Empty Soul = Desperation in every track. Just amazing.

5. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

Album: Engraved Invitation
    Artist: Lucid Recess
    Genre: Alternative Metal/Alternative Rock
    Year: 2010

6. Angellica

Angellica New Member

Recommended Album: Last Man Standing - Jerry Lee Lewis

Released September 26, 2006
    Recorded: Phillips Studio and Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee and various other studios
    Genre Rock
    Rock 'n' Roll
    Country
    Length 66:43 (excluding bonus tracks)
    Label Artists First Records
    Producer Jimmy Ripp
    Steve Bing

The first track is a great rendition of the classic LZ song.

7. flood

flood New Member

Backstreet's Back - Backstreet Boys

Intelligent lyrics combined with diligent but not supervasive instruments make for a splendid showcase of 5 great singers. one wonders whether the message of the return is symbolic, showing that they're really trying to break the mold and have defied boy band convention, while still cirtonstrating the stigma of revisionary muftakore ethics.

a fine assortment of social commentary, heartbreakingly honest and direct romantic lyrics and well-disguised political criticism, this is one of the finest albums ever made - equal parts pablo neruda and rage against the machine. 5 on 5.

8. flood

flood New Member

"Fore" by Huey Lewis and the News

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply "Whitney Houston" had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that, IGTians? It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass-hole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

9. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Album : John Williams Plays Bach : The Four Lute Suites on Guitar
    Artist : J.S. Bach/John Williams
    (I don't listen to this too much now, but I sure love the Prelude of No. 4 (the most beautiful piece of music ever written, pure bliss), Suite No. 2 Gigue and Double is weird at first but grows on you to be the most haunting piece, and the Prelude from No. 3 is more pwnage.)

Album : Glenn Gould - Bach - The Well-Tempered Clavier
    Artist : J.S. Bach/Glenn Gould
    (Prelude No. 2 RULES. I just transcribed it for solo guitar day before yesterday, I love it. No. 1 ain't bad either. No. 5 is plain quirky. Most of the fugues bore me, though.)

Genre : Classical ;)

10. flood

flood New Member

have you heard the glenn gould goldberg variations? ridiculous. probably the best ever recorded performance.

11. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I have them, but haven't heard them yet...Goldberg Variations is too mature for my tastes atm.