Recommended album thread

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by distorted, Aug 29, 2009.

1. distorted

distorted satan

Recomend here the albums dat u think were good enough n others must give it a listen...
    specify the genre n if possible give a download link.

2. distorted

distorted satan

Album: aegis
    Band: theatre of tragedy
    Year of release: 1998
    genre: death/doom/gothic metal
    Awesome album, a must listen fr those into pure death/doom.
    no thrash elements. just a bit of electronica, which became overpowering on band's later albums n spoiled the music.
    But this one is amalgamation of 'the Beauty and the Beast'. I found more of beauty!

3. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-SCORPIONS
    ALBUM-Love @ First Sting!!
    YEAR-1984
    GENRE-ROCK!!
    a rockin n lovin album by scorps that went multi platinum and spanned the rockin"rock you like a hurricane" and ultimate power ballad"still loving you" was enough to make this album a true classic record!!.......HAIL HAIL THE MIGHTY SCORPIONS!!......

4. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-METALLICA
    ALBUM-RIDE THE LIGHTNING
    YEAR-july 27 1984
    genre-thrash metal

my personal fav of metallica along with kill em all and master of puppets but out of the three this is the best and my all time fav trash metal tape.probably the best trash metal record!!.lamers mite disagree to some silly shit other artist's record but this one's GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............and this one's gotta classic line up along with burton.........guess dave mustaine was there too!!......................

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-KORN
    ALBUM-FOLLOW THE LEADER!!
    year-august 18,1998
    genre-nu metal/heavy metal!!

a real multi platinum offerin frm jonathan davis & co....guest vocalist ranges from hiphop moghul ice cube to foul mouthed fred durst!!.........rollin stones mag states this as one of the most important record of 90's....the video of the hit "freak on a leash" won a best video award in the grammy!!.......

6. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-NIRVANA
    ALBUM-NEVERMIND
    YEAR-september 24,1991
    genre-GRUNGE(ofcourse!!)

ten million copies sold and certified ten times platinum!!.....replaced the legendry late michael jackson's-dangerous from billboard number one.brought grunge n alternative to mainstream.the album took kurt cobain to a rock god legend image.considered a all time classic......does it "SMELL LIKE TEEN SPIRIT"in here?!!!!!!!!!!..............

7. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

guys i am updatin this daily with a classic you can probably download online!!.........sam thnx for the thread....kindah became my hobby!!....other IGTians please contribute so that the other non metal punk heads who drop in will know why rock music ROCKS!!.........

8. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-VAN HALEN
    ALBUM-VAN HALEN(self titled debut)
    year-feb 1978
    genre-hard rock!!

one of the most succesful multi platinum debuts by a hard rock band!!.......contains "ERUPTION"the track which made the "tapping"guitar technique mainstream......career startin of a legend called EDWARD VAN HALEN!!.......contains the smash hits----runnin with the devil,eruption,aint talking bout love,you really got me.......

9. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-IRON MAIDEN
    ALBUM-NUMBER OF THE BEAST
    YEAR-MARCH 29,1982
    GENRE-HEAVY METAL(classic maiden tone!!)

number of the beast was the maiden launch pad for the roarin beast called BRUCE"air raid siren"DICKINSON!!.......it was a great thing for both bruce n maiden when he quit his previous band "samson" to join the maiden!!......charted no1 on the uk charts and certified multi platinum.one of the essential classic metal album of all time.....cemented iron maiden the biggest metal band on the planet!!...UP THE IRONS-INDIA!!

10. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-GUNS N' ROSES
    ALBUM-APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
    YEAR-1987
    GENRE-HARD ROCK!!

A multi platinum and diamond record selling more than 30 million as of now...considered one of the greatest all time hard rock studio debut.axl/slash!!/and the rest of the wild gang burnt the hell up on this record.even though it had a slight bluesy tone at times it was still as heavy as gigantic gonads @ that time(guys excuse my frkn example!!)!!!!!!!!..........contains the screaming openin track"welcome to the jungle"....a very deservin openin track for the legendry record...had the smash hit power ballad"sweet child o mine".......if you still havent heard the record probably you still drinkin milk from yo maama's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

11. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

i am doin a la' magazine type classic rec review.someone care to respond?.wateva da **** is.......i am happy wateva i m screwin/doin here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................

12. hibernator

hibernator New Member

Metal has lots of sub-genres...if anyone likes metal core/melodic screamcore/new metal or stuff like that...try

As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
    Lamb Of God - Wrath
    Trivium - Shogun

These albums are relatively new but has enough elements to inspire shredding.

As far as guitar goes Trivium would be hard to figure out...Lamb Of God will split ur fingers wide open...and As I Lay Dying will strenghten ur picking hand with their tight galloping riffs...

13. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

thnx for the contribution hibernator!!....

14. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-PANTERA
    ALBUM-VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
    YEAR-FEB 25,1992
    GENRE-HEAVY METAL/METEAL CORE!!

one of the most influential heavy metal record of the 90's.achieved a double platinum.include's pantera's classix like-walk,****ing hostile,mouth for war,etc.....R.I.P-DIMEBAG DARELL!!........

15. distorted

distorted satan

Slayer
    Seasons in the abyss
    One of the best albums by slayer.
    'dead skin mask', 'war ensemble', 'seasons in the abyss' are must listen tracks...

16. distorted

distorted satan

Artist: Morbid angel
    Album: Altars of madness
    Thrash/death
    must fr anybdy interested in the genre. One of the pioneer albums...

17. distorted

distorted satan

Obituary
    Album:cause of death
    Possessed
    Alpbum:seven churches
    These were the bands that defined DEATH METAL

18. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-LIMP BIZKIT!!
    GENRE-NU METAL!!
    ALBUM-SIGNIFICANT OTHER
    YEAR-1999/2000

debuted numbah 1 on the billboard charts.sold over 840000 copies in its first week!!.brought nu metal to mainstream with the radio hit track NOOKIE!!....had loadsa guest vocals rangin from method man(wu tang clan),jonathan davis(korn),scot weiland(STP),etc....touted as on of the the most brilliant nu metal record making FRED DURST the screamin gorilla to literally a legend!!....a kindah dark/bleak record though!!....

19. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-ALICE IN CHAINS
    GENRE-GRUNGE
    ALBUM-mtv unplugged
    year-aprl10 1996

one of my all time most fav unplugged record....darker,meaner n still menacingly soft is what the record sounds like.if possible guys check out the unplugged video.then ull understand what i am talkin about.the recrd featured all their major hits like nutshell,rooster,down in a hole,sludge factory,etc....included a new single"killer is me"....guess it was the last concert that staley played........miss you man.....R.I.P LAYNE STALEY..............

20. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

BAND-LED ZEPPELIN
    GENRE-ROCK(+ MIX OF EVERYTHIN FROM BLUES TO JAZZ!!)
    ALBUM-LED ZEPPELIN 1V
    YEAR-NOV8,1971

one of the best selling album in the history & the one that cemented zepPelin's superstardom in the 70's.the album includes the legendary rockin "stairway to heaven" which is voted as the having the best guitar solo of all time.also includes great trks like "black dog",going to california,etc.....this album provess why VH1 ranked them #1 in the 100 greatest artists of hard rock!!.