Recommend an axe

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by downinahole, Apr 5, 2005.

1. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Allerian,
    The comfortably numb solo is mind numbing! Really! Awwsum stuff! You play really well. And amazing guitar to add to it. And you built it yourself! :nw:
    What say, cud I steal it??? Damn, wish I were in the US. Wud've stolen it from you for sure!
    Great site. Kewl jobs on the instruments! Please keep posting on this thread!

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@downinhole ....no probs.
    @allerian.....Welcome to IGT. :)

3. vibe

vibe New Member

i am looking for J5 signature limited edition....can i buy that in India where and at what price can i get some help!!!!

4. Shredder

Shredder New Member

hey downinahole ... if you are buying from dubai try out the ESP MH-50 .. its available for 1800 dihrams ..thats about 21600 INR... its a good buy for that price... ESP's guitars are very good for rock/metal... the shop you should be looking out for is called Stan's .. they are the official dealers for ESP... they have a shop in Abu Dhabi .. you will have to find out where its in dubai...

5. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

It's been real long since my last post, and I've tried quite a few options although none of them realy worked out.
    @shredder: M from mumbai, so the dubai thingy is sorta ruled out. My uncle was to get me the Ibanez S470 from Dubai, but he was unable to due to last minute complications. He won't be coming for another year, n I've totally run out of patience.
    Well, I finally decided I'd get my guitar built. So I went to Peter Pereira's, Thane and placed my order. I've asked for a JS copy, but that might change. I have three months to decide before he begins to cut the guitar out. Will get pickups from the US, so it should be a neat package on the whole. Hope there rn't ne hurdles on this route.
    Will defintely post pics when I get my guitar. If ne1 has ne suggestions as to what shape I should go for, pls lemme know. There are a few other shapes on my mind, altho sum of them are really wacky. ;)
    Please, no BC Rich suggestions. I really don't fancy the radical curves. :think:

Attached Files:

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

How much did he quote for the entire setup ??

7. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

Ive been playing for 6-7 years now and ive played guitars of almost all makes... though im partial to my jackson kelly..
    its not so much of your HSH or whatever... the processor plays a mighty big role...
    my friend has a fender strat (eric johnson isshtyle) and it sounds sweet as hell.. it responded well to all patches on a gt-6,
    They say that if have a doubt on what to wear, wear black..
    If u havent made up ur mind abt a guitar... make it fender strat/telecastor...
    i know the telecastor has got some bad rep... but it is one of the most versatile guitars ever made.. trust me.
    ( do not go for a warlock... the pickups suck... they make weird buzzing noises.. maybe it was a factory defect .. but my friend bought it in singapore for 19K and it wasnt all that cracked up to be..)

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

First of all stay away from the B.C.Rich, they no longer are the great guiatrs of the late 70s and 80s. they are owned by a toatly diff company, and are making a mockery of the great guiatrs built by the late Berni Rico Rich and his son. Same goes for Krammer, they no longer are the Great guitars of the 80's, whihc Van Hallen and Joe sat used. today no longer will you see players endorsing these guitars. especialy since you are going on a good budget I would say stay awyas from these. For a real versatile guitar you need a Fat strat style setup. ( i.e. Humbuker-single-single).

9. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

hey jocelyn, how do you rate the Jackson DK 2M..the japan made axe?...how about the DK 2 Dinkys in general?

10. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Starting off
    Fender uses crappy pick ups.
    Yes.Even the vintage strats..The pickups are weak
    Great sustain...but not the expected sound for the hole left in the wallet :\
    Try Ibanez,don't regret it
    BC Rich in India has hardware problems..so don't even bother looking
    Try Jackson V,VERY VERY METAL !!:).. ---> My favourite
    Do look into ESPs
    Washburn Anarchy V (I haven't played this one)
    and a RG 270 DX.
    DO not go for Epiphones or Greg Hartnetts...Cause they're not metal guitars..they're for lead

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Please oh please stop the necros.

12. metalrocker887

metalrocker887 New Member

hey i am selling a B.C.Rich warlock as u listed so let me know if ur interested and by the way mr. death_metal_fan...B.C. rich necks and are at a slant which makes playing more comfortable and are more or less thin.....let me kno...marty_pascal@hotmail.com