Recommend an axe

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by downinahole, Apr 5, 2005.

1. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Alright ppl,
    Since everyone wants the Furtados Price List so bad, here it is:
    I guess fr wanted it most
    Prices are in INR, (45 INR approximately make 1USD)

Epiphone Emperor II - 42000
    Epiphone Dot - 27975
    Epiphone Coronet - 14,300
    Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty- 38,000
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard - 31,275
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic - 27,500
    Epiphone Les Paul 100 - 21,725
    Epiphone Les Paul Special II - 12,300
    Epiphone FAT F-210 - 14,000
    Epiphone FAT S-210 - 9,200
    Yamaha RGX421D - 36,300
    Yamaha RGX121DM - 22,450
    Yamaha RGX121SJ - 17,750
    Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - 15,600
    Yamaha Pacifica 112M - 19,500-20,100
    Yamaha Pacifica 012 - 12,800
    Kramer Striker FR422S/M - 25,050
    Kramer Striker FR422S - 25,375
    Kramer Striker FR424S/M - 25,700
    Kramer Striker FR424S - 26,050
    Kramer Striker FR2027S/M - 28,050
    Kramer Voyager FR222S - 34,100
    Kramer Vanguard FR440S - 31,775
    Kramer Imperial - 26,375
    Samick LS-11S - 8,700
    Samick LJS-35BS - 12,400 (With Floyd Rose)

You guys in India who wanted this better thank me.
    And mods, I hope I haven't flouted any rules. If I have please delete this post.
    :rule:

rabi_sultan likes this.
  2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ah... thats probably the most valuable piecew of gear info ive seen in a very lnog time - reps to u downinahole!!!

also - u dont pay duty when u get some1 to get a single guitar abck for u - i got mine without duty

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

thanx death87

@downinahole.....thanx man. i need dat one. thank you very much. :nw:

@rabi....:p:

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@downin...if u got these from their catalogue...dont trust it......Furtados doesnt stock Lps no more....ull be lucky if u got a LP 100 frm them

6. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Fender Price List

Dr Saurabh, kudos to you on a really good post (The Fender Prices thingy)
    I have provided a link to the fender site where the 2005 price list is displayed and a quick comparo reveals to the world how much we poor Indians are fleeced.
    https://www.fender.com/resources/pricelists/pdf/Fender_Quick_Reference_Guide_winter_2005.pdf

This, I think is the most authentic up-to-date (yet slightly irrelevant for us cheated Indians) pricelist I could find!

7. deathdr_87

hmm.... maye esp is also becoming quite value for money

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

blame it on the govt for the duty thay charge on them.......and the thing is the way i see it....very few people actually go for good,branded guitars .......so i guess they dont sell much.hence the exorbitant prices

9. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Tell me about duties!
    Duties, duties!
    The problem with duties are is they're needed. But they're needed in different places, not in the guitar market.
    First of all, duties are levied to provide protection to indigenous manufacturers, but while there are no parallels to the higher end guitars in india, duties seem to be levied rather judiciously making for an outrageous situation. It's like the high end car market, where ppl have to spend a bomb for sumthing which doesn't really have a rical product made in India.
    Secondly, if you say the add to the revenue, well excuse me, I beg to differ. That's where they differ from cars, imported cars add to national revenue! Guitars are neither FMCGs nor extremely expensive products. The average guitar buyer goes through absolute heartburn trying to get one single axe, and the duties are always there to compound his worries. Volumes are so small no major manufacturer plans to set up shop anywhere near Indiaeven in the distant future. So, what sense does it really make? I think it only stifles talent. It leaves would be virtuosos with bleeding fingers when they try to play the 24th fret on an 18 fret, buzzing **** :cen: acoustic.
    When will they wake up????
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. deathdr_87

actually its to encourae produciton in india - if u uy a ready amde foreign car - u pay 125% tax - if u buy a half manufactured car in india - it decreases tax rates - if the complete produciotn process is in india- taxes fall much further -

this encouragers foreign firms to invest in real terms in india - its worked really well so far...

ut the guitar market in india is so ssmall that it wouldnt really matter...

11. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Are the ESPs really affordable???
    Well, that might spark off a whole new thread. I dunno much about the ESPs, but if someone does, please lemme know. Also, has anyone really used an ESP? I want a personal opinion, not sumthing cut and pasted off a so called "credible review".
    I dunno how many of you have really been on this site, but it looks like a decent source of information given that you get personal opinions about the guitars, not reviews in the real sense, and in the many reviews, you might find a few bits of vital advice that could affect your purchase decision .
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/

12. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

if u wanna knoiw abt ESP's i suggest u talk to shaun(mr. scary)

14. deathdr_87

@noel - that site is pretty much like any other review site

15. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

any model above 200 is considered very good.
    for example the M-300 and MH-300 are made of mahogany, and have EMG HZ (400 has active EMGs) so the higher in number you go, the better options you get.

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^^and higher goes the prices.

Not really a big problem with taxes in India. (jai maharaj Chidambaram ki!)

@downinhole....dude, did you check out my pm? just incase it hasn't been delivered. FYI....death 87 and me gonna check out some guitars on this saturday. i Hope you read this soon and get in touch.

Call me on friday evening, i'll tell you when and where to meet.

@scary....you got an ESP? which one...dont tell me its standard esclipe :nw:

17. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Dear,
    Rahul: I do know it's like any other guitar review site, but I liked it. That's why I recommended it. Not that it's great. However, I'd rather read reviews by actual users and owners than by a pro tester who'd blast any sub 500$ guitar irrespective of how good it is. If there is any guitar review site you like more, why don't you post the url in this very thread?
    Fictional: I'm tied down until the 12th of May. You guys go ahead. I'll meet up with you later. I have an exam on the 12th, so I really don't have the time to check guitars out right now.
    Mr.Scary: Dennis did recommend the MH-400 in this very thread, but I dunno if I can afford it. Lesse, will have to squeeze sum more money out! Do you have an ESP? Gimme the specs and the info on how you bought it if you do

18. Allerian

Allerian New Member

Please don't buy a Kramer. In my experience, the Ibanez will be the quality leader in your price range. I have to ask, aren't there Indian makers of affordable electric guitars?

Food for thought: Don't choose based on your perception of what style it's "supposed to be best for". Choosing a certain guitar won't limit the kind of music you can play on it.

I make noise.
    www.allerian.com

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Allerian,
    I heard your sound samples in your website. You play really well man. You have a great tone on your self made guitar that was featured in your Comfortable numb cover. I just wish that music doesn't become the way you portrayed in your futuristic composition. God save the kids. How do you do your recording? All your recordings are of pretty decent quality.

20. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Hi Allerian,
    Welcome on the site. Not that I can really welcome you; you see, even I'm very new!

Well, what you've just posted makes for an interesting debate. You say one good guitar could satisfy all my needs.

Hmmmmmm. Well, if that were true, we've all been wasting our time posting advice on all these threads! :shock:

Whoa, so this thread is heading towards a debate. Well, I guess we have to muster and align the forces! How many agree with Allerian?? How many against him???

Well, mebbe you mean good pickups (read non-factory) mated to a good amp and decent effects will make most any guitar perform to my expectations.

The one crippling factor is money. You see I have a budget of exactly 500 USD. Not a penny more. What guitar would you recommend that would be as versatile as I wish, and fall within this price bracket? And why not the Kramers? I mean, do they have any specific flaws that you might be able to point out in terms of tone or finish or action or durability sumthing else?

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming. Debates can really help newbies (like me) you know!