Reach a wider adduiance

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Greeshma, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greeshma

Greeshma Greeshma'z in da House

why dnt u reach a wider auddiance by having more forums with a different varitey of Indain Lauguages. e.g Malaylam, Kanada etc.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Because we don't wanna segregate Indians on basis of laguage.

Previous experinec with Bengali forum has shown that once laguage segregation is done, ppl become so withdrawn that htye hardly come out oif their language forum to general forums.

3. Greeshma

so what is the point of the tamil forum and hindi forum etc.....etc isn't that segregating it already, so i'm sure a couple more forums won't hurt. u av already seregated 4 different Indian lauguages so doesn't this mean that u r sorta contradicting yourself by saying that. i just want 2 mention, i'm new 2 this site and i'm not trying to go against it or anything, in fact i thought i was trying to help by suggesting inprovments. i was just wondering

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hindi and english forums are the ones that the website started with. So, there's no point in arguing over them. Previous experience with Bengali (Which was more of a hit than we wanted it to be) and Tamil (Not so much) forums have indicated that the more you split, the more the overall quality is going to go down. If everyone needs a little shell to communicate under...yeah. Dont worry, you couldnt go against it if you tried to. Your suggestion is duly noted but never enforced. Wonder away.

Thenk u

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Your point is valid, and even I am wondering.

But its like you have already had a partition of India into India + Pakistan + Bangladesh.

Fine ... and in all possibility irreversible.

Lets not divide it further.

Second thing: Is there really any advantage anyone will derive in having a seperate forum?

The only one that I can see is that since there are such a few ppl accessing language based threads - such threads shift away from front pages to later ones pretty soon after they are created. And someone might have a hard time finding relevant threads in a sea of irrelevant ones (which are in some other language).

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*Replication*

7. Greeshma

Thank u both 4 ur replyz and now it makes more sense why you dnt wat to add more forums. but d_ist_urb_ed i dnt no wat ur on bout with the whole little shell to comunicate under. and alpha1 wat do u mean by Replication?????

8. d_ist_urb_ed

We created the Bengali Guitar Tabs forum for precisely the reasons you pointed out. Unfortunately the members of the bengali guitar tabs forum decided to create a mini IGT within themselves complete with their own Chit-chat lounge and they are notorious for never seeing the light of the main forums. That's what i meant.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Replication means I clicked the submit button twice and duplicated my post.

Whcih I edited later, and wrote "Replication" in its place.

10. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

we already have forums, so that songs can be classified language wise,
    but classifying forums according to language can cause ppl to be concentrated in thier language forums,
    this will not help us reach a wider audience, since we all know english, adding language forums will not in any way increase our members.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

Not to be disrespectful, but how is this any different from what alpha and i have said in the above posts beyond requirement of any clarification? Or did you feel the need to insert an official word? Your post wasnt even a satisfactory succinct summary of what we said. Bah to you sir.

12. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

thank you disturbed,

i just felt the need 4 an official word.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hi Saurabh.

Bye Saurabh.

PS: Not seeing you enough on this site ... ?

PPS: Distu, you didnt bring my Sheaffers :'(

14. Greeshma

okay this is leading to a completely differnt issue. N the reason i put this post on here is to c what other people thought and quiet frankley saurabhrocks seem to put it into to more simple words which is way easier to understand. not that i didn't understand it b4 it just every1 has the rite 2 there own opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.