Ravi Shankar Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by LightningAttack, Nov 11, 2004.

1. LightningAttack

LightningAttack New Member

Hi all! brand new to the site, but a bit confused. Recently i have become completly enamoured with the music of Ravi Shankar. I have taken time to try and understand the classical form and feel I have a grasp of what a Raga or Raag is, and being an avid guitar player obviously would love to play this lovely music. Big question is where to find out how to play a Raga on guitar, or at least find some tabs. i understand much of the music is improvised, but still a base to know what I am doing is a must. Also while I am at it, if anyone has the tabs to this Nusrat song yeh Jo halka halka saroor kai ("slightly Intoxicated" in English) that would be much appreciated. Its an old Jeff Buckley cover and I welcome you all to enjoy it as much as I have. Anyways! thanks for your time! I'll check in daily, any help is much appreciated.
    LightningAttack;)

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Hi,
    Congratulations on uncovering this beautiful world! Its a pity that not many ppl are aware of the beauties of classical Indian music. I recommend you listen to "Shakti" or "Remember shakti" which is a band formed by Zakir Hussain and jazz guitarist John McLaughlin. They play with popular Indian musicians like Mandolin U. Srinivas, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Debashish Bhattacharya, Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma etc. Buy the CD titled "Saturday night in Bombay" I promise you will not be disappointed. (Of course, this is not strictly classical Indian music cos its a fusion of Indian music and jazz. purists might object, but its still great music!)
    You can find good intro material on raagas etc here:
    https://www.musicalnirvana.com/introduction/raaga_basics.html
    Good luck!

3. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

wow
    this thread wid only two replies is Hot>
    kool>