Rank the guitar company

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Amazingly stupid thread. Are we having polls and rankings just becuase we are supposed to ??? I dont see anything useful that you can conclude out of this ranking. As usual and as I always say it's just my opinion. No debates / arguments please.

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

variax is not a company.. line 6 is.
    u dont have half the companies....
    i love my dean exotica.. what about martin or taylor
    or indian companies?
    heck even epiphone is missing.
    schter, gretch,brianmoore, musicman i could go on and on

i own an epiphone sg custom, dean exotica acoustic, yamaha acoustic,givson acoustic
    what do i vote for dude?

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

this thread is stupid

4. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

well uh not actually stupid, but VERY personal
    I mean Why should a Santana play a PRS if FENDER is better???
    Why should EDDIE VAN HALEN play a HAMER?
    and so on...
    Personally i have tried the following:
    Jackson - i didnt like the sound too much
    Fender Original Standard Stratocaster - man what a sound!!!
    Gibson Les Paul Standard - man what a sound!!!
    Washburn - Signature Nuno - man what a sound!!!

But then I own a custom made PETER PERIERA EXPLORER shape (made in THANE) - man what a sound ;)
    and a SLAMMER by HAMER - not very good

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

sorry disturbed - i disagree with you - i just love ibanezes and fenders.. theyre awesome

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

no the thread is not stupid from the pov that i'm looking at it from. Yes half the companies are missing but the question of the thread could be which guitar company have you found that make good QUALITY guitars not which one sounds better but who makes good quality guitars, doesn't take stupid shortcuts or use cheaper grade material etc.

In which case if i'm right then everyone else is stupid for saying this is a stupid thread, otherwise if it isn't then i guess i'm stupid ;)

7. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@all......chill guys.

8. ronnieanand

For an artist going with a particular make of guitars is more a business decision. Irrespective of the company, the artist will get his feature and endorsement doesn't really mean a preference for a particular company. Just preference for more bucks ?? Do you guys think Sachin Tendulkar drinks Boost and eats Tiger biscuits everyday just because he endorses them ;)

Adrian Vandenberg ex.Whitesnake loves Gibson Les Paul from his heart and soul but he endorses Peavey. On stage he plays only Peavey Vandenberg signature series. For clinics he plays the Peavey guitars only from the shop and doesn't carry his stuff which is a part of his contract. All his studio recordings are still done only using Les Paul. Read all this in an interview. So Peavey is not his choice of company for the guitars but Les Paul. Endorsement is money :).

Give money and Steve Vai will endorse Givson provided they get a few pieces of guitars according to his specs.

The thread moves a bit interesting from stupid.

9. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Vai and a Givson lol can u imagine that?

But totally some guitarists only play based on endorsements. However some other guitarists manage to get endorsed on guitars they like anyway haha

10. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

well
    i justmentioned some popular companies now a dayz
    and taylor martine ovation take a mine are missing becase hear i m talking about electric guitars
    buddz
    u think its stupid may be yes
    but it could be useful for many peepz out there
    and i take this thread as intresting and useful
    ur thinking is diff so what can i do

11. fictional_real

i dont think endorsement concept is 100% true. i mean, come on guys, there are loads of companies who produce loads of good guitars, however, you'll find one of the guitars dat is the most perfect guitars for you, its design, its comfort, the sound or watever you want is given by that particular guitars.

these guys are professional, of course money is important however just think if marty friedman just happens to like the guitar who have manufactured wont you take advantage of it...and do all the endorsements and stuffs. so dat your guitars r sold like tickets of world cup final.

12. ronnieanand

Endorsement is usually the other way. The guitar company approaches you. Then you design a guitar according to your comfort and playing requirements and then the company releases it as your signature series with more than twice the deserving cost just because they have to pay a huge sum to the artist for putting his ideas into it. This is more a marketing trick. You bring out a Sachin Tendulkar series cricket bats endorsed by him, you will find 200 kids running to the shops to buy them. Just check out what the artist uses for the studio recording. Kirk Hammett majorly uses a Gibson Lespaul for recording and everyone know he's an ESP guy. What do you think is his preference ? Les Paul is personal favourite and ESP is Wallet friendly.

13. fictional_real

^^^i see, its a very good marketing strategy. thanx for the info ronnie. i didnt know kirk used les paul 4 recording. :shock: :confuse:

14. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

my favorite is and always will be ESP.

15. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well Honestly the Ones I have played so far

1) Melanchon Custom
    2) Fender Strat Standard / Deluxe & Squire Japanense Strat I have palyed about 50 of these
    3) John Bradely Hand Made Les Paul
    4) Epiphone Les Pauls Played a few of these
    5) Jackson
    6) Hammer - NOT SLAMMERS
    7) Kramers The ones Available here they are better than the Chinese Ibanez Avail but inacase of the Jap or american & artist series Ibanez will be No.7
    8) ESP
    9) Tansen hehehee :rockon:
    10 ) Washburn

BTW EDDIE VAN HALEN NEVER Played with Hamer Guitars he used Kramers & The ones he used are the Music Yo Kramers that you get today. Infact early candy stripped guitar was a Fender Strat neck shoved a custom body made by eddie & joe kramer ..same was replaced with 24 fret pointed neck later on the Kramer .. late 80's when Kramer actually shut shop the guitars were Eddie used were made by Ed Roman under license name of Kramer .. Eddie later shifted to Music Man Guitars ( I m dying to play one of these guitars ) it was called the EVH Model & named has evolution this guitar ico is owned by Erine Ball ... Due to Bitter stand off in between Erinie Ball & eddie he moved on in his bad days the comapny that took over to make per EVH guitar was Peavy .. Today custom Made EVH & offically eddie endores Chravel Guitars. Now Charvel is alo owned by Fender Corp like Jackson I dont how many of you know this but Jackson Charvel were one company expect Charvels are basically custom shop guitars... Currently only 30 eddie van halen models are being made a year by charvel... :rule:

16. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Steve Vai is another classic example I have DVD of his in which he says in a interview most of the time he uses Fender Strats & couple of ocassions he used the Les Paul too ... While He is know has Ibanez Dude & his Signature series are most priced guitars within Ibanez range

17. Mr. Scary

you DARE put ESP in number 8??!?!?

18. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well I have played only one ESP Infact it was Kirk Hammet Signature series with Skull Bone inlay .. Personelly I did not like it buddy .. So It Deserves the No. 8 postion in my ranking .. Have u guys ever heard of Melanchon guitars ????? Infact I like the Samik Guitars!!! also Btw Most of the companys that u guys are talking about have Ghost Builders for them with an expection of Fenders hence u will find that Fenders are very hontest when it makes to orgin of the guitar etc ... Samik Guitars have been ghost bulding for all top brands in the world ...

19. Mr. Scary

samick over ESP?! im gonna choke.

20. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Im not saying that im Rating Samick over a ESP I know ESP makes kick ass guitars but there very few here the one I played sucked big time .. May be I should get to play few more soon ..

Ninad