question 4 guitar experts!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Dev, May 12, 2006.

1. Dev

Dev New Member

Hi guys,
    Takamine G220.. should i get it? I wanted to buy a guitar (acoustic), something small, something comfortable for me..i want one thats good quality that sounds good and will last me a really long time.. i went to a few shops and found one thats a good size and sounds nice.. its a Takamine G220 i believe.. i wanted to know if this is a good brand and this guitar will last me a long time? im getting a good deal on it so i just wanna be sure before i make the deal.. i dont know anything about how guitars are made n which are the best kind? any help would be appretiated alott!! please respond asap cuz i need to get this guitar quick.. my bro's buying for me as my bday gift heeeheee! (so i need to know before he changes his mind!) :help:

THanks in advance!
    Dev...

2. Sam_GA

Sam_GA New Member

takamine

Depends. Steel string or accoustic? Takamine is good in the steel string area, but for classical, I;d go with s Codoba 40R or Ramundo

3. Dev

Dev New Member

yup steel strings.. so i guess i'll buy it then?

4. cronix

cronix New Member

how much are u getting it for... u can get a fender acoustic(dg-4-ce) too....

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Takamine is Great Brand for accoustics!!! I cant say more... Will it last you a life time.. well my ans is If you want it to, it will . You got to take care of it. Also mkae sure you cheak out the guitar before you buy it. Dont buy any guitar without cheaking them out no matter whihc brand. Any Brand / company will have the occasional BAD piece. Sometimes/ very often guiatrs get damged while in transit.

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Go for it if the price is right - it's quite entry-level actually but not bad for casual home playing! Regarding lasting a long time - that's quite subjective...if you keep it free from moisture and dont drop or bang it against a wall - then it might just last - it's not like milk that has an expiry date!

7. Sam_GA

Sam_GA New Member

Look down the fretboard from the butt of the guitar. If you see any irregularities or bumps, that's a warning sign. Play each string on each fret all the way up to the 12th. They should produce clear notes.

8. Dev

Dev New Member

thanks for your help! any suggestions for something similar in size to the takamine G220 but not entry level? i've been shoppin around n i got alota tips from people.. im looking for some more input.. like about solid tops vs. plywood.. and finishes on the guitar?
    so im still looking for something similar to a "folk guitar" in shape yet one with steel strings... what other brands n models are good out there? any help is most welcome!!

as for keeping it in good shape.. i think i can handle that hehe im pretty careful and moisture wont be a problem cuz i live in canada hehehe

9. rohit

rohit New Member

takamine very famous for it's semi acoustics and also acoustic. i am going to buy takamine .i'have played it, liked it very much .it had a 2 band equalizer. it was takamine jasmine.

10. Dev

Dev New Member

the guy told me 250 canadian.. but im having second thoughts on buying the takamine just cuz its not a solid-top guitar, and it doesnt have a "dove-tail" attached neck.. the neck is glued on..

how much would the that fender be? and is it a solid top or plywood? i dont wanna buy another entry level guitar.. i'd like to move one step up...

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Hey Dev since you are in Canada, why dont you also cheak out the Martins, Tacoma and Taylors.... These are all great brands. GENERALY speaking, look for cedar and spruce tops...

12. cronix

cronix New Member

Arent these guitars expensive.... I dont know ur budget. U can also go for washburn guitars. The festival series acoustic guitars are good and can be used for professional as well as personal use.... They will definately be a step up.

Cheers!:rock:

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have played this Takamine G240 and I really loved it...Maybe 220 is pretty much the same...The G Series is their budget series stuff but it still kicks butt....