Q-guitar tuner..help!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vini, Mar 9, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hi guys imma newbie....learning guitar from 7 months now.. i cant tune my guitar..heaven knows how much time itL take me 2 learn that...or get my ear trained..
    i've heard about sumthing called Guitar Tuners...im having a spanish guitar:Givson125 tellme what kinda tuner shud i buy for dis..where in delhi can i get it..and for how much ??

thanx a bunch! :nw:

*peace*
    Adios

"**** happens..life goes on"

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

learn how to tune

3. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Tuner

Hi,

You can get a tuner for between 750 to 900 bucks in any good guitar shop. Common brands are Marshall, Korg etc. You can tune to EADGBE or whatever you want to tune to. try to go for one which also has input and output jacks, so you can use it later for an electric guitar too.

Also, do use the tuner to learn the sound, and learn to tune by ear, that is necessary in the long run. Try shops in Darya Ganj or Lajpat.

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ deathdr---thanx ur a life saver ;)

@ sanjiv --- great..iL try this out@Lnags...thanx :)

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Dont, electronic guitar tuners are such a waste. Get one on your computer from www.download.com like Digital guitar tuner for free. Get a mic if you dont have one and you're ready to go. But learning to tune is very important in the long run.

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ disturbd -- thanx...ur very true...i need ear training as well :)

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

So, problem solved? Got the software?

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Get a simple Korg tuner which is available at any decent music store at your neighbourhood. You cant carry your computer everywhere at least you could carry your tuner. Get something with input and output jackets, so that you could use your electric guitar. A lot of tuner come with metronome which will be of great help. Most of these tuners also can give the sound of the notes, so that you can develop to tune by ear and this will also help you in ear training.

9. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Yeah, a Korg Chromatic tuner can cost about 1000 bucks. It operates on an 'AAA' sizr battery and go on for 500 hours for average use. Though, even I would suggest learning to tune by ear. Try tuning from a harmonium, piano, synthesizer...anything you can lay your hands on!
    Another idea woule be to buy a metronome( which you might need sooner or later) eg. Korg. It has all the 12 notes which you can 'hear' as reference. Try to match your strings to the note you hear on the metronome note! That's it. Keep trying. You will know when you're right. All the Best!

10. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Electronic tuners are available for under 1000 I believe. I asked the guy at Bharat Music House in Delhi for a tuner tuner cum metronome (Ibanez) he said 1500 RS. but only tuners wud come for 900. You can download free tuners off the net. I used to use Digital Guitar Tuner but its not free anymore. For my tuning I use my trusty Zoom 505II :cool:

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Anybody knows of a Stompbox Tuner cum Metronome in a single pedal. There's one by Peterson's Strobostomp but that's $250 and I dont have that much cash. I can buy a Boss or some other common brand.