push pull pots

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by switch44, Jan 29, 2011.

1. switch44

switch44 New Member

Does anyone know where in pune or mumbai i might be able to get a god quality 500k pot with a push/pull dpdt switch and price??

im planning on installing a coil tap(or mebe series parallel switch) option to my guitar but havent been able to find any electrical/electronics store with it...havent tried the music shops yet tho they generally sell costly stuff by famous guitar accessory manufacturing companies....i was hoping to get one by a gud electrical components manufacturer...

also...any thoughts on whether to go with a coil tap or a series parallel switch??i dont really have good pickups...they are stock duncan designed humbuckers that came with my guitar...

2. marooned

marooned New Member

as far i know,.. bajaao stocks them.. local as well as branded..

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Ask a local guitar luthier, they might have some contacts.

4. ansar1313

ansar1313 New Member

contact auddie dsouza(luthier,thane) 9819098801; albertos music(malad,mumbai) 02228881523 they usually have these..and they will be expensive, as the ones used on guitar need to last really long, and don't waste time on electronic stores, they don't have it.

5. flood

flood New Member

if you'd posted 5 days earlier, i'd have ben able to help you! just placed a large order and imported some bourns 500kA push-pull guitar pots for myself and a customer. unfortunately, i only imported the exact quantity i need!

btw., there is another - IMO better - solution to pickup trickery. check this out: https://www.seymourduncan.com/products/press-releases/seymour_duncan_9/

i unfortunately saw this a bit too late, a day after placing my order for said pots. still considering buying a set though; they cost $49 for a set at musiciansfriend but make life a LOT simpler - the soldering becomes a no-brainer, for example. still wondering if i should order them.

6. marooned

marooned New Member

on a side note, any good new guitar luthiers around? no major work, just need to fix the fret buzz on my guitar and get new pickups installed.. which i've been holding onto for the last one year..

i know of sunil shinde and peter pereira.. anyone else?

7. flood

flood New Member

if you want top-notch luthiers, probably arul in bangalore and erisa in pondicherry. i honestly can't say that i've found an *excellent* luthier here. have had work done by a LOT of different people in bombay and i'm beginning to think that i'm going to have to do a guitar building course so i can take care of my gear myself. fret buzz problems have resurfaced within 6 months, and the attention to detail is not as good as i would like it to be, especially when you're paying good money for it.

8. marooned

marooned New Member

thanks for the reply.. wasn't really looking for top notch ones.. since the guitar in question is a cheap chinese knockoff.. just some regular guys who know what they're doing and dont charge an arm and a leg for it.. my experience with the so called "good luthiers" in mumbai has been quite bad.. they charge a bomb, the quality of components used is makeshift.. and the worst part, they take upto 2.5 months to setup a guitar.. but i guess not much choice around..

9. n2vat

n2vat Member

i have some good quality push / pull 500k pots, that is could sell to you, PM me your number i am in mumbai...

10. marooned

marooned New Member

okay, update.. alberto's in malad has them.. 550 bucks.. just got 2 installed in a J&D les paul copy with SD JB and Jazz in coil splits..

11. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hello everyone my guitar-cort x2 vnfr it has 2 powersound humbucking pickups 1 vol ,1 tone knob...want to install a push pull pot in order to change the humbucking sound to single coil...dnt have much idea abt these pots...will both the pups sound will change to single coil or any 1?,do i have to install 1 more tone knob ?,will the sound be as gud as a single coil pup?.and wich company is gud and wat price...

thanks in advance