Punk Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Iraqita_EP, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Explanation accepted :grin:

2. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

HMM...yes clarification was definitely required...

@disturbed: where's mine?????

3. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Petunia iam not a punk fan but yes do listen to it sometimes...as far as heavy metal goes ac/dc is good and yes im ito Nirvana,creed,pearljam....
    enuff of my leg pulling plzz.

forgot to mention Green day......"wake me up wen september ends"

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

I told dat on that thread already .....jus wanted to share my views, guess i wont be banned for doing dat .......

:beer: we surely will ...:cry1:

and thanks for the eulogy bro ..........

5. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@casanova: AWW comon...disturbed tell him how much leg pullin i do...:grin:

na..thats cool... all forgiven :)

6. d_ist_urb_ed

"Here lies Petunia,
    A brave martyr's sister who could not resist temptation
    And followed her lil pookie into the grave
    Rest in Peace"
    :grin:

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Are there any good Indian rock bands around....heard the bands which you told me too....all of them were good...green day was best but the others wernt bad either...koi indian band batoa yaar

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^Listen to Parikrama or Zero or ummm..dammit havent been on the indian scene for quite a while, just go to Rock street journal website and check out the songs there.

9. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Helga's Funk Castle is probly the only funk band.k its in the name.sub-genres of rock are dead in India.

10. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

You people call blink 182,sum 41,good charlotte,simple plan etc. punk???Well i guess then you don't know what punk is.....Go listen to *** Pistols,The Clash,Ramones,The Buzzcocks,Dead Kennedys

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was wondering when these names would come up. Aren't they the pioneers of punk?

I've listened to the Ramones and not liked them.

12. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

hav u guys heard of a band called decibel...they are from delhi and i went to see a gig of theirs recently...i cant find their mp3's on rock street journal and their site doesnt even open...any idea wat happened

13. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Yo man they (***x Pistols,Ramones,The Clash etc) were the pioneers of punk....They started it all....They are the ORIGINAL PUNK.....Blink 182,Sum41,Good Charlotte are pop punks or poser punks....If you want someone good from amongst them its The Offspring and Blink's good too...But if you wanna listen to original punk start off from *** Pistols-Anarchy in the UK/God Save The Queen,Ramones-I wanna be sedated/blitzkrieg bop,The Clash-London Calling,Buzzcocks-Ever fallen in love....

14. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Offspring rules in punk.

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

They are...but they are the pioneers to a style called pop-punk!!
    And as for bands like greenday and Simple plan..etc...they lean more twards alternative and modern rock. Although they still consider them under the genre of punk. GC unfrtnately has turned for the wrst n totally become pop...except for a few songs.

16. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hello Mr/Mrs Petunia or whoever you are...Don't make a fool of yourself by calling S** Pistols,The Clash and Ramones pop-punk.They were pure and the original punk...Pop-punk is simple plan,blink 182,good charlotte blah blah blah

17. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

ok - getaside - this is my teritory
    GOOD CHARLOTTE???? theyre punk POP!!! not rock - same wid blink
    real punk rockers click here www.fatwreck.com
    theres an extensive list here - along wid news in the major punk world - ecards - mp3;s --
    basically - education fer u friggs...
    so enjoy@@@ fat_kax

18. fat_kax

PETUNIA - ur makin a fool or urslef girl --- THEY WEERE THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF PUNK ROCK!!! PURE SIMPLE - AWESOME PUNK ROCK!!!
    I AGREE WID meet_shiraz = DITTO THERE,,,
    NOTE TO MODERATORS: U MITE WANNA DELETE P2NIA'S POST WHICH SEZ THAT RAMONES ARE PUNK POP - MAJOR MISTAKE ON HER PART!!!

19. fat_kax

truth disclosed

LOL - I KNO this dont fit in here - but chek it out anewez - t's cool
    the truth behind horifying AISHwaRIyA raI!!!

20. d_ist_urb_ed

If anything we need to delete your posts, admittedly going out of topic, it's her opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. If you can, have a civil debate with her, if not, that's too bad mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.