Psychology

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of psychology.

I just started reading the handbook of psychology volume 1, finished 5 pages :p:.

We'll be posting our questions and answers here and discuss various aspects of psychology.

Any one who doesn't know anything about this is welcome to stay out of discussion, or go and learn.

:grin:

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Who is 'we' save you and t3h d_ist_urb_ed? :p: (Which brings me to the point 2)
    Can I get the Rapidshare link for the book? :grin:

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Finally a thread dedicated to an academic discipline. At best it will be a consolidation of questions, thoughts and ideas and at worst it'll just get spammed. Whatever. Right now it's me and morbid, ultra's coming on board. Three's a party. I'll send you the link as well.

4. Morbid_Angel

I have no idea. I thought we only included me and disturbed anyway. But anyone is welcome to join.

I'll give you the link on your messenger.

5. ultrabot90

A gazillion thanks man...for considering me worthy/potential of improvement. :)
    And yeah...the first to spam will have three letters in the name, starts with 'b', ends with 'r'... O.O

6. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

how does dennis put up with you ?

7. Greeshma

Greeshma Greeshma'z in da House

WOW ur 14 and ur already reading that stuff...........u must be one smart 14-year-old........................anywayz this is ment to be about psychology so i'd better stay outa this thread..

Just one last question......d_ist_urb_ed r u learning psychology at uni or collage(i dnt no what u call it) cuz ur the same age as my brother and he's doing psychology @ uni

8. d_ist_urb_ed

It's ultrabot that's 14 years old. I've studied psychology at a university.

9. Morbid_Angel

Ultrabot is 14 years old? I thought he was 17.

:| I'm 14 -_-

10. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

interesting psychology ..i guess i am 12

11. ultrabot90

d_ist_urb_ed isn't learning at a varsity or a 'collage'...
    I'm not 14, I'm fricking 17. Demotion >_>
    'nold is not 17, he's fricking 14. Unneeded promotion. Or growth spurt, maybe?

12. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

im a constant. :(

13. Greeshma

duh...thats what i meant morbid is 14....dist_urb_ed....not 14-year_old has a mind like your's

14. d_ist_urb_ed

Sorry for that mix-up, now that we're perfectly clear on our ages, let's put the incident behind us and move forward.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

So much for bjr spamming first eh ultrabot?

16. Greeshma

ok let's put the whole the age thing behind us.......so morbid u dont have to keep mensioning ur age and you dont have to keep asking mine in a indirect way

17. Morbid_Angel

@disturbed
    Okay, so i've read Freud's theory of psycho***ual development and I understand it pretty well..I just wanted to know how accurate his theories are today. -_-

18. ultrabot90

^Ouch. Those are WICKED. I mean...really wicked. I can't believe em at all! >_<
    Edit -
    @the 100 etc etc - XD Yeah, Greeshma's learnt stuff from him.
    And Greeshma, you have no reason to be here. XD

19. Morbid_Angel

You don't have to believe 'em all =)

I'm reading into the conscious and unconscious now, after which I will resume my handbook.

20. d_ist_urb_ed

That's an interesting word choice actually. A lot of feminists do view Freud and his theories as being 'wicked' in a sense. Their reasons vary, but they have a profound dislike for him. This is understandable actually, given some of the absurdities in the psychoanalytic theory. But to go deeper into it, there's a raw wound that still hasn't healed and because Freud's dead, never will. More about that later maybe.