Proud To be a WHAT???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fat_kax, Mar 31, 2006.

1. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

sorry - this is a li'l late.... but i wuz just waiting to see if aneone else notices it....

Reporting Live from the Closing Ceremony of the Comonwealth Games.​
    this was one of the gayest days for india..
    the common wealth performance...so stupid.... men in shining navy blue
    and gold dancing like idiots ...chants like delhi mein hai saari masti
    aur hungama,,,a seperate english chorus sung by one of the biggest
    idiots- sonu nigam.
    and not to forget the gayest part...that 99.9 fm guy/bunty and bubly
    rapper/tupac wannabe...sicko rapping shitty lyrics.
    anyway u got my idea....i mean thats why we are considered bullshit
    and pathetic job stealers...and the rise of racism.
    the whole theme of the perfomance was cheap bollywood masala with
    pseudo indian clothes and wannabe attitude...
    not a glimpse of actual culture.
    rap+bollywood=cheapest/gayest shit on earth
    oh fuk...i hate rap so much now!...>( >( >(
    ok then i just felt like sharing my views.

jamhead likes this.
  2. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

^^ man !!! u did get real bugged seein tht stuff...don ya ever see those again........k..next time we l get in the dancers frm las vegas clubs jus for UUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!.......tab u can enjoy....hehe...

3. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

angry young boy = golu .. lol ... shud hv called metallica..

neways i wont call my songs rap now or u wud call me sachoo is rapist :p: ..for god sake dont say gay ..damn ... hehehe ;)

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

fat_kax i agree with you.

i saw that gyrating bump and grind performance and was thinking to myself why a country of so many danceforms and so many musical styles and traditions had to dish out such a crass act. they should have asked the lalit kala academy or sangeet natak academy to direct the persofmance instead of bollywod sardars and other bhangra poppers.

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

They were present there for the sole purpose of promoting Bollywood and not Indian tradition. Common Wealth being beamed into millions of TV sets worldwide was the best platform to do so.

The finale being tasteful or inappropriate is a whole different issue.

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Bollywood doesnt even represent Delhi :phbbt:

7. zing

zing Machine Head

yeah - bollywood = the most uneducated, crass, singularly talentless, family-owned, mafia-funded, overpaid bunch of mindless morons in th country - worse than politicians - these dickbrains giv intelligent indians a bad name worldwide

n th worst part is how they try to foist themselves on fsckin everythin - wot biznez they got in commonwealth games? - pretend to be the exact opposite of what they actually are - with kissass media whores to blow their trumpets 4 em

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

The world doesn't know that. Rap + bollywood... umm everyone's so into it its not even funny. That Bluffmaster song is playing from every nightclub to every cabbies radio. I would like to slap someone for that song and all the other imitations people are creating just because that song was a 'hit' :mad:

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i see your point, but the thing is thatthe next comonwealth games is comming to india, not bollywood !!

why the sports authority of india (which i guess is in charge of all things 2010 commonwealth games related) should leave that closing function to bollywod fcuktards instead of more refined entities like some "kala" academy or renouned dance troupe, is beyond me.

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

one of the best posts on igt ever. well said !!

"bollywood films are made for the masses by complete asses" - sunil gavaskar.

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

cmon guys .. realize the importance of bollywood in this country .. i know its cool to trash .. but give it a second thought .. it aint all that bad after all ..

12. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

But to represent the country??? :mad:

Yeah.

13. aysh

yeah intelligent indians flocking in hordes to do sick IT desk jobs .. thats where all the intellect is ..
    besides i know why u so upset .. u r the typical 'rocker' who gives a thumbdown to anything thats not favourite rock band

i think any show having the traditional classical music or dance form rendition wud have bored the audience to death .. heck even indians wud have dozed off ..

hey dont say ppl dont watch movies in india .. we do and its our favourite pasttime . besides u'll be surprised to know how popular it is in many countries .. it actually is .. in some countries ppl just identify with "amitabh bachhan" when they hear abt india .. now that isnt bad afterall ..

14. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Nemo, you say ppl dish thngs coz it's "cool" to do so or it's "in" or whatever. Have noticed that in other threads in the past as well.
    But you're being highly ignorant when u say that, you know. Actually, ur the one who comes across as trying to look "cool" by dishing ppl who have certain opinions. Try to be a li'l more open-minded and accept other ppl's views instead of jst accusing ppl of being posers or smthng.

Traditional/classical does not mean boring. What about the folk dances, many of them are very interesting and yes, fun to watch too. That's again, you being highly ignorant.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I remember the time before the Indian squad was being sent for the olympics.
    Our bollywood stars were asked to promote the event by making them run with a torch. There were NO sportsmen.

During a TV interview right after the event a reporter asked bipasha "slut" basu that who started olynpics.
    her answer "I think Adolf Hitler"

16. zing

zing Machine Head

well thers abt 2% who r ok - e.g. asha bhosle/lata/kishore/mohd rafi/amol palekar/naseeruddin shah/farooq shaikh + a few others -

n they hate th term "bollywood" - which was in fact coined by firangs to make fun of indians - but these dickbrains (the other 98% ) thot its like sum spl honor or sumthin - which is y i call em an uneducated, crass, singularly talentless, family-owned, mafia-funded, ridiculously overpaid bunch of mindless morons

my favorite "rock band" is kishore kumar + asha bhosle

jamhead likes this.
  17. aysh

how many traditional dances / concerts have u seen ..

allrite if nothing , i'll respect ur opinion abt me ..

peace

18. aysh

im really not sure but 'India' was also coined by the britih .. so shud we do away with this too .. ?

secondly .. my apologies to u too : ) have fun

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I learnt Bharatnatyam for 8 yrs and have performed also and used to go every year to watch folk dances frm all over india.

Anyways, peace!

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

its only importance is that it creates millions of direct and indirect jobs in the country, that too for people who would most likely otherwise go jobless.