Protect your ears!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Venus, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Venus

Venus New Member

Ok, this may seem like a weird topic, but just wondering whether you guys protect your ears in any way whilst playing the guitar. I know its seems a bit far-fetched but i swear sometimes im playing and sure im going deaf, the noise becomes unbearable especially in my room as it isnt all that spacious!!!! Surely that can't be good for my ears... so any ideas?????......or am i destined to become deaf????? :shock:

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Turn the volume down maybe? Im sure u must have already did that, but if u did, then how come its still so loud. In any case, the louder the better right?

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Use cotton buds..Also you get ear piece moniters use those.. Costs quite less..

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i like playing it loud sometimes , enjoy it and as tejas said louder the better ,...

if you have problems with that , u can surely listen to jay and use cotton buds ,...

in my case , my folks bought a whole new box of it , .... FOR THEMSELVES ,... :)

5. Venus

Venus New Member

Thanks guys for the advice...
    @ Jay: thanks for that and will find out bout that ear piece monitor :)
    @ rest: definitely enjoying it!!!!!!!

6. jayanth

@ Lavu - You are that Sucking POP lover and you call me cheapsta.. LOL :p.. And by the way Money is the best thing on earth.. I have loads let me enoy it.. And i really worked hard to ern it for myself(And some others)

@ Venus - THat would cost somewhere between 2000-5000 Rs.. I bought it for 3900Rs..

7. Venus

Venus New Member

@ Jay: Fanks for that but im in London so i'll find out from my local shop how much it is here :)

8. skaw

skaw snooze

it'd be more cheaper in london, i can't put a approximate on it since i havn't been to london more than once :) ...

and going back to the topic .. i dun get it .. put the volume down or if not that then just don't plug it in play it without speakers .. (i m certain that you have an electric) and well louder the better but sometimes you just don't want it loud rite?

9. bob-bobby

but playing with a ear piece on u ,,,..... nah , dun think so that rocks , u wont be able to hear ur own music ,... or it does not affect ????

10. Venus

Venus New Member

@ skaw: no c the shocking thing is i have an acoustic and it still manages to drive me crazy sometimes depending on what kind of room im playing in!!! Hopefully, getting an electric in Jan when go on holiday as the good ones are too pricy here :)
    @ bob-bobby: no idea mate, this is the first ive heard of ear piece monitors, will have to try and then let uno!!!!

11. bob-bobby

well i ve never used it though , but doesnt sound too excting to me though ...

12. jayanth

@ Bob- I Used to use ear moniters.. Mine were wireless so Jumping around was not a problem.. Anywasy its actually better to use them cause it give you better sound than moniters on stage.. And if you are in goo terms with the sound engineer, It will sound real better..

Jason Newsted used the same model in S & M. Its by a company called SHURE..

13. bob-bobby

cool , can try it sometimes , thanks for the info dude ,...

only like the thought of wearing something in ur ear while playing gave a strange thought ,...

14. jayanth

Its just like Ear phones.. Only without the Wires..

15. skaw

skaw snooze

stick to topic

if you play an accoustic then i don't see the trouble mate , play with your finger to reduce the noise ... and i think you are living in one of those house that have hollow walls , makes the noise more reverb

16. jayanth

I guess he is using amps..

@ Skaw:- We are still on topic.. We were discusising a device which helps protect the ears..