proposal to change the name of CC lounge..

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Nov 20, 2006.

?

do you like the proposal

1. yes, lets ask neo to change the name

53.8%
  2. no, lets stick with the same name.

15.4%
  3. yes, but lets call it... (mention what)

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not really. The biggest problem with discussing music on a website is the amount of pretentiousness that creeps into the conversation. I, for one, cannot hold a discussion about music without coming off as extremely pretentious and that's why I tend to not visit the music forum. The english tabs forum doesn't really have a point. The soundtrack forum is a good idea and pleasantly busy. The hindi tabs section hasn't really been the same but the database is good enough to hold out. The music theory section is horrible since you find what you find everywhere else and people posting the lessons usually do not bother to explain what they've copied or make it easier for others by posting useful additions to what they have submitted.

This was the only section of IGT that I thought was really worth visiting when I first came here....and then the nazi mod era finished it so meh, I just visit for guitarangela.

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^hmm.
    yeah..many forums r kinda dead.
    than CC..but i feel we r mostly in the CC lounge only.

well,watever..nevermind.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Like I said before once, if you have an attractive CC lounge, people will come to the forum....once people start to spend time there, they will automatically post in other forums as well. Attractive CC lounge is the ticket to a busy forum.

It is natural that if I spend time with my guitar a lot when I'm offline, I might not want to do the same thing once I come online....this has been the case with me for sometime now so unless someone specifically asks me for help, I tend not to go to any other forum.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

5. 2good4you

2good4you New Member

how about 'Cafe de la Guitar'

6. shak

shak Harrr!

even starbucks dont call themselves 'cafe'!! .. move on .. 90's web culture is behind us ...

7. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

A name doesn't make any difference.

I suggest we stick with this one.

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i dont mind it changing but not to cafe igt... and well, i cant think of anything else right now

9. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Cafe is a very common title for many of the forums. It will jus look too stupid.
    ChitChat Lounge is good enuff.

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

how about naming it CHOWPATTY?

11. shak

shak Harrr!

@arnold .. exactly!!

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Npw you are getting the hang.

Chowpatti
    Chai Paani