Producing an album

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by saustin316, Jan 4, 2008.

1. saustin316

saustin316 Member

Guys I need your help. My band is planning to release a Rock n' roll album (hindi), but we dont know how to go about doing it, I mean we're looking for the following info:
    1) cost of producing the album
    2) cost of the music video
    3)who to contact
    Since we're all living abroad currently, we're looking to work on it on returning back. Administrators or anyone knowing anything helpful please let me know.
    Thanx,
    Akash

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It depends on how you want to release it really. Have you been signed on by someone or shall you be releasing it independently? Also depends on your budget. What exactly are you looking at?

I really don't know a lot about this but I can ask around.

3. saustin316

saustin316 Member

Oh We're independent actually, we dont know anyone in India in the music industry...so we're all pretty much looking at how and whome to approach. We're looking at something around the budget of 5-6 lakhs max....

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'll try asking around but I can't give you a time frame as to when. I suppose it'd be better if somebody else answers your query and if no one does, I hope I eventually will.

5. saustin316

saustin316 Member

ok sure, hey any information is information, so feel free to speak up! All help will be appreciated!