Processor musings...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Myth_Pharoah, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Hey guys,
    Since you guys seem to know a lot about processors I'm asking ya.

I tried my guitar and marshie on the Zoom 707 II proc, and I loved the sounds I was getting... very nice. But it seemed like this processor often lagged a little in processing... its prolly just me though.

So anyway, if I were looking to buy something a little better than this, more towards the metalish side, what should I go for? How much would they cost, second and first hand?

I was first planning to go separately for distortion and wah pedals, since I already have OD on my amp, and some basic effects like delay, flanger and reverb.

What should I do? Processor or pedals? If processor which processor and if pedals which? If possible I don't want to go above 10k, but I want a descent setup which if I say later start playing in a band I don't have to change... buying stuff second hand looks very interesting and easy way to get there...

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

My suggestion.. Pedals.. Even i made a huge mistake there.. Or go for Boss GT6 which is around 13 k. WHich is a substitute for all teh pedals there is..

For pedals, go to www.guitar.com they have a simulator.. Whatever happens check out my metal dream settings

Distortion - Boss - Metal Zone
    Wah Wah - Jim Dunlop - Cry Baby
    Chorus - Boss
    Volume Pedal - Morley
    Fuzz Wah - Jim Dunlop - Optional..
    Delay - Akai pedal
    + more

3. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

How much does each cost? I've heard the metal zone is awesome... that's definately something I wanna get first, but do you get Boss pedals easily in India? Especially the MT2?

What I'm thiking right now is:
    - I have a givson 2hb 1 sc guitar. Its sounds pretty good on my MarshallMG15DFX except for the ugly feedback it gives me when I crank up the OD volume... I'm guessing changing the pickups and putting in something better will definately solve that, since those are the only electrical hardware which can cause it, right? If I get a better guitar I can always migrate these there. Which pickups for about 5k total?(I want 2 humbuckers.)
    - I want all major effects like dist/od and wah on pedals, best for od/dist is MT2 and Wah is dunlop crybaby. How much does each cost? And then for effects like delay, flanger and stuff I can get a very basic processor for it?

Does this sound right? Will I have a descent enough gig-able setup? How much pickups, the 2 pedals, and a basic processor cost?

4. jayanth

See no point in changing pickups on a givson.. It is the pickups which are causing the UGLY feedback.. Go for DiMarzio Evolution pickups.. They cost Rs 3105 each. Ex-Bangalore .. YOu get both the bridge and Neck pickup for 3105 Each..

MT2 costs Rs - 3650
    Wah costs Rs - 4500 shipping and Taxes extra..
    Delay pedal costs somewhere between 2000 - 4500 Rs

Instead buy the Boss GT6 for 13000+Taxes And ou will get everything except the crybaby.. Get it later sometime.. But Changing pickups on a Giveson is highly Unadvisable..

5. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

But then what else can I do reduce the feedback? I can't afford a new guitar.

6. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

BTW I added you on MSN & Yahoo, hope to talk you on there.

7. jayanth

Sure dude.. I'll be online sometimes.. Catch me if you can.. Anyways its a real bad idea in investing in pickups for a bad guitar. Instead get your self a new guitar in some place like Chennai where you can find a good deal..

8. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

God damn... this is so irritating lol. :p Aside from calling do you know anyway I can call and get info about the custom guitars?

How much do they cost on an average? I don't want floyd rose. I want good wood, and good pickups and the SG shape, if you know.

9. jayanth

Ask. Rather request Guitar_Gal. She is a real nice person. She can get you information.. Send her a PM and then the picture of the shape probably..

10. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

She is from chennai?

11. jayanth

Yes dude.. Make sure you request.. She'll help you out..

12. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Done... lets hope she comes online soon.

13. jayanth

add me to your yahoo.. I'll give you G Gal's Id.. And she's online now..

14. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

flatterin, jay.. n pharoah, il get ya da details soon.. juz gimme a few days.. kinda tied up wid coll work 4 now..

15. jayanth

Why flatterin..

16. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

dats y......

17. jayanth

Acha.. Silly comments.. Sorry..

18. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

sorry dood.. once said, cant b taken back.. :p

19. jayanth

Ok Be flattered.. I'm happy..

20. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

sorry pharaoh, i cudnt gather da info u wanted... :eek: simply cudnt get hold of da fone no.s of da shop... n jay mentioned wer da shop waz.. i dun rmber.. mebbe i can luk 4 it... wer agn, jay??