Processor help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nilu_nirvana, Nov 16, 2007.

1. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

Has anybody done a shoot-out of these?
    1. POD XT Live
    2. Boss ME 50
    3. Digitech GNX3
    4. Boss GT8

Plan to upgrade my AX1500 G, so some guidance will go a long way.

Looking for some elusive tones like EJ's and Peter Frampton's. Using a modded Aria XL DLX with Seymour duncan SH 4 JB

Thanx

2. Logical Paradox

Logical Paradox New Member

Boss GT8 ! is the "Real Thing"

rest is crap , just boxes
    i own GT8 , and man i kicks major ass
    Line6 vs GT8
    Line6:
    yea Line6 PodliveXT is more user friendly , and also has USB Support ..
    if u are a person woh do not want to really compose tones ,
    and just want to plug in Upload patch and play and tottaly relay on Online User Presets , the Live Xt it is..
    LiveXt has a Huge Library of online Presets ..

Boss:
    Boss GT8 is a One man show machine , it has every thing from tones to effects to amp modulers , it dosenot have a USB connection but it has MIDI IN/OUT so u can connect and upload patches through a MIDI Connection in your sound card or u can use a MIDI To USB Converter cable to connect into USB Port ..

Compare to sound quality and Tweek'a'bility GT8 Owns Over PODXTLive
    the sound quality of PODXT is not even close to what GT8 Can offer,
    Livext is also a good processer but the tone sounds too Digitial , not like the real AMP Heads.
    The Wah Effect with the Expression pedal is so great i really love it ...
    once u spend time with it , and understand it
    u can make any tone u want ..
    like Delay , Distortion , Reverb , Chorus .. and hell'a'lot more
    there is no Tweek'a'bility in Line6 like the Boss GT8 Check out the manual tones of tweeking stuff from AMP Modulers to Speaker Modulers to Effects

+ NO amout of what so ever delay in switching between the Patches and the Banks

+ Dynamic Mode is so fine , if u freelancing on a stage gig .. it will go to a Clean Sweet Tone , to Fine Distortion automatically , computing it by your playing technique , as u strum hard it will go to distortion + kick ass lead tone
    Even Marty Friedman of early "MEGADETH" Uses it !!!
    u can find youtube videos of live play with GT8

i currently own GT8 , i would not Trade it for any thing !

+ this thing is "ROCK SOLID" very hard metal is used as a casing + the Pedals and the Bank Pedal buttons are really great ..

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

You sound as if you work for Boss. But in all seriousness, i'll vouch for a GT-8 as well. (I own the PodXT live)

4. Logical Paradox

i "do not" work for Boss :D , i am so happy with this equipment it covers all my pedal and amp needs without spending more and more $$$$..

and i got this GT8 as a mistake , i told my Father to buy me a Line6 PodXt live , but he got me this one instead , im Loving it :d

and i didnt said bad things about Line6 Xt
    I just gave GT8 a Review ..

5. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

I could add myself to the Boss GT8 family. But i just got it yesterday (i got it a while back, but i needed the step down transformer) and im still experimenting.

If anyone has any good patches , please let me know. And since my manual is in Japanese , im struggling lol.

6. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

thanx a lot guys...the GT8 it is then!!!

7. Shreddy

I tried a pod, and i know a LOT of people who use/used pods. They all sound the same according to me. And , ****! the GT8 is complicated

8. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

ya, i read about the reviews...says the GT8 is more complicated..not too user friendly and u have to rely on the manual a lot

9. Shreddy

sadly mines in japanese....just downloaded the egnlish one... but i went through all the set patches and some of them KICK ASS!!!

10. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

The ME 50 is cool too, theres no amp modulation though. Kicks major ass. Looking to get one.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Processors sound and feel ... well ... processed.

For Eric Johson or Frampton you require a tube amp at very low gain, driven by analog overdrive pedal.

:p

12. Logical Paradox

well not complicated ,
    u can say it has more features then PodXT LIVE
    what is worth of a +400 $ equipment if it dosent give u every feature of the "Tone Book" , if u really dont want to get that , so why spend +400 $??
    just buy a Line6 POD which u can get around 150$ or a Behringer Vamp-2 for about 99$ , which has all features and it can do patches and stuff same thing ??? ain't it or its about How many pedals u get in processer??

im not forcing you to buy the GT8 like i did ,just think about it , u spending like +400$ and its a lot of money .. what u get in return is just a box which download patches from the net(Line6 Pod) ? or the Entire Deal of Tone world? +Download Patches too..

its really struggling to get it where u want it in the start ,BUT after few time like a month or so using it , im really glad it worked flawless
    because in the end "The Tone Hunt" always wins ..

there are also some really cool patch libraries online which you can try out in the starting for GT8 ..
    and one thing i really get pissed about is Roland Boss didnt built a downloading software for GT8 patches :O they didnt bother even too..
    may be its just because it was not about the online patches , it was the machine it self tone generater..

"Mr. Sleepy" is a software u can use to download patch to your GT8
    GOOD LUCK..

13. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

thankx a ton dude!!

14. Shreddy

got any patches? I could use them. I feel like such a noob with the GT8

15. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

well alpha1, i know u are bang on target...but cant afford the kind of pedals or even the likes of pedals that EJ uses!! thats why , relying on a processor.Though i suspect, i'll get nowhere close to those kinda tones. I can only hope to roam around that territory of vintage,warm tones

But yes, i do plan to buy a tube amp in the near future....will need ur help on that!!

16. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

where do you suggest i get the GT8 from? bajaao is quoting 23k....i do have relations in the UK, but they wont be coming in the near future

17. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

frm uk.. itll cost u more than bajaao..

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

try buying it from japan.. ishibashi.co.jp

19. Logical Paradox

yes i can feel your pain , i got really good collection of patches @ GT8 +2000 User Patches , i have not tried all of them yet , the builtin patches are good too, u checked out the HIGH GAIN WAH LEAD?? i really love that tone ..

www.bossgtcentral.com < One good site to get patches GT8

20. Logical Paradox

well , here in pakistan its like 35 thousand Paki Ruppes ..
    i got it from singapore @ 34 thousand ..

well if baajaao.com gives you warrenty of some kind then its really good to purchase it from there..

im glad my GT8 dosent have some kind of damage or manufacturing fault because i cannot apply for warrenty!!