Processor Guide

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deathdr_87, Jul 2, 2005.

1. lemonjohn

lemonjohn New Member

after reading countless reviews on the net i've came up with this conclusion that Line 6 floor pod is the best what u can get for that money.. arnd 13K
    and i must admit that i prefer tone output quality over features..dings and bells and one more thing the zoom models are all crap after having tried the
    G2.1u well i've seen the release of GT10 in the boss website go check the video guys its amazing..but alas the price.

2. lemonjohn

lemonjohn New Member

hi guys...one simple question..simply put which one would you use for live sound and practice
    1.Korg AX3000G
    2.Line 6 Floor Pod
    3.Digitech RP350
    with preference to tone quality and real sound effect and not much of "not-so-used" effects in consideration

3. ElectricMahatma

ElectricMahatma New Member

All of them are the same man , it purely depends on how you dial in the tone , I mean , if you ur theory is as strong as the guy who started this thread , I'm pretty sure you'd get equally good tones off of each one of them.

If the steep learning curve is something that you wouldnt rather go thru , get the one that has USB access to it .

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But then how would you rate the POD Xt?

5. petrucciomg

petrucciomg New Member

Sweet child o' mine settings...

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with the processor settings of scom ... i have a zoom g1X

6. saudali999

saudali999 New Member

Estranged - GNR !

Hi everyone!

Im saud ; using zoom 505 II ; just bought it recently , so i do not know how to get effects for particular songs like Estranged- GNR. If anyone could tell me the settings for it or how to build different settings for songs.

Thanks !

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ why did you buy zoom 505?

8. justneedaguitar

justneedaguitar New Member

Pls Ne1 Info on Digitech RP350 or 250 or 500 or nething better ??/
    which to buy

9. jay4chords

jay4chords New Member

heloo....friends..i have just buy a cort X2 electric guitar ...i m wanted to buy digitech rp-50 processor....will its tone be good? my budget is about 4k....and also wanted to buy a amp....pls suggest me....

10. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

No one says anything abt Zoom G9.2tt here.
    Heard it's great, going to buy it this winter.

It has far better reviews than Line 6 and GT10. And the price is that much better

11. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

No one says anything abt Zoom G9.2tt here.
    Heard it's great, going to buy it this winter.

It has far better reviews than Line 6 and GT10. And the price is that much better

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Eh, De ja vu?

13. zamanakhan

zamanakhan New Member

i think ur going about it the wrong way, what ur describing are three completely diffrent bands! But to ball park that sound what u should try do do is overdrive not distort. In the earlier led zepllin days page did not use any effects just a gibson lp and a marshal stack, cranked pretty high. later on he used a flanger and a phaser on some of his songs but mostly it was just the stack being overdriven that gave it a heavy distorted tone ur after. Iam not sure what kind of a guitar ur have but to get that "led zepplin sound" u must have a humbuckin guitar and 10's instead of 9's strings help making it heavier. If ur on a solid state amp u gotta get a over drive pedal. if u''ve got tuby goodness just turn that sucker up to about 3 o clock, bridge pickup with the tone knob at about 7 and let er rip.
    honestly tho to truly get that sound a gib lp and a marshal stack is a must. alot of page's sound comes from technique rather than equipment, subtle harmonics and attack.

14. shri_agnivesh

shri_agnivesh New Member

i am a very poor guy.......suggest me some good processors below Rs. 6000..............

15. siddharthsid007

siddharthsid007 New Member

my POD X3 Live owns all :). Best thing in its class. My band's rhythm guitarist also connects to the same thing as it can simultaneously control 2 different tones to 2 different outputs.. Expensive as hell though :)

16. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

The biggest floor processor battle is between Boss and Line6 i.e. GT8 vs POD XTL or now GT10 vs PODX3L.

Basically, if you want quality effects, go for Boss. If you want accurate Amp Modeling, go for Pod (but then get ur effects from external pedals).

17. nayansurfer

nayansurfer New Member

i've been playing my electric guitar through a friend's old tube amp for around 6 months & i've used only individual effect pedals(that too,mostly one at a time) till now.Now i got a digitech rp 355 as a gift & i'm completely unfamiliar with it.Can anyone post a guide to it here? i've read the manual but it's too short & tricky.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Can it produce the AC/DC rhythm tone?
    (i.e. the cranked up marshall tone - but not sounding distorted)

19. jogaitme

jogaitme New Member

plz can you guide me regarding my korg ax3000g..plzzzzzzz...

20. Suraj Samal

Suraj Samal New Member

Hi,
    I want to purchase an elec guitar & a processor with a budget of 20000 in india may b in kolkata or ranchi. being a newbie, what would b a good choice for a processor? i know my budget is too less for an elec guitar but i want a good processsor.

i dont hav much idea regarding processors except for what i hav read over d internet. i lack practical knwledge in processors. i play bollywood, soft rock, rock n sufi....

Need help from professionals/experienced....