Processor Guide

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deathdr_87, Jul 2, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

How much is a GNX 3 ?
    You can actually get good patches from guitar magazines when they print tabs of songs. They usually give GNX patch listing too.

Anyone know anything about the Vox Multi with the tube drive

2. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

anyone with sum info on Vamp2?

3. bhartendupandey

bhartendupandey New Member

any one here have a distortion pedal for sale in delhi
    second hand will do .....

4. jimmy_cool

jimmy_cool The Coolest One!!

hey tell me about the zoom 707II.....i bought it yesterday...can i change the drum beat sound according to the song

5. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

You can assign different drum patterns to DIFFERENT patches.....so to change drum beats according to the song you will have to change patches everytime.....you can make 3-4 similar patches with different beats....but i dont know whether it practically works or not.

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

does any1 have an idea of zoom dealers in bangalore.please guys i need it really fast!!

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hey i decided to check in again. ive been using my gnx 3 a lot. its got some amazing sounds and has some really easy to use features but some things are kind of screwed up/difficult to use. i think a guide to the gnx 3 might be useful:

the gnx 3 is a very versatile processor, by that i mean it can not only produce a variety of sounds but can be used as both a stompbox processor and a patch bank processor.

let me explain these terms, a stompbox processor is one which has many differnet patches and when one is selected you can turn on/off differnet parts of th patch (like amp a/b, modulation effect, etc..)n in real time while using the patch. a patch bank processor is one that has several banks (a, b, c, d) and the differnt buttons on the fornt access differnet patches in the same bank. I personally prefer the stompbox mode but thats only because i started on the korg ax100g which too operated in this mode.

ok now for the basic features of any patch in the gnx 3:
    1. 2 amps. good choices of amps, though i find myself sticking to 3-4 amps for most uses. loads of editable paramaters for each amp, inlduing detailed eq. (u can actually set what frequency is low, mid, high and then use those settings for a 3 band eq allowing for almsot any eq form u can imagine) u probalby wont use this feature though.

2. wah/pcikup - u can choose from differnt wahs - it is automatically assigned to the exp. pedal. u acn also use the pickup modifier (single coil -> bucker, bucker -> single) - i never use this - i dont like how it sounds too much.

3. compressor - loads of settings - compression ratio, gain, speed, its really good. amazing in conjunction with distortions.

4. eq - already covered

5. noise gate - a configurable noise gate with sttings ike threshold,attack, type (silencer, pick supressor, etc.) - im not a big fan of the noise gate. i prefer not to mess around with it tooo much.

6. Chorus/modulation - loads of stuff like rotary speaker, chorus, flanger - i dont use much more than chorus so cant say much about it - nice chorus though.

7. delay - laods of different types - i normally just use the standard analog delay setting - the nice thing about this is that u can set the delay time in real time by holding down the delay button while playing and then tapping on it to set the delay interval while palying. its really nice.

8. reverbs - amazing array of reverbs - everything from church to hall to arena to spring simulation. its really good.

u can assign a million different paramteras to the expression pedal and this button called control thoughi prefer not to mess around with these 2 because this is reallly difficult to figure out and it usually just screws up the patch. this is the one bad bit of it.

i also dont sue the record funcrion so i cant help u on that.

hope this helps.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^GOOD 2 C YA BACK,cool review man, ill give mine 2...on ax3000g.

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

How abt a guide to RP 80

10. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Cud aneone giv me a guide to Zoom G2.1U??

12. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

just google buddy

13. cliffrock4u005

cliffrock4u005 New Member

Hi Guys,
    Well I am new to Guitar processors...One of my friend has RP80 Guitar processor from Degitech and he wants me to sell it for 4000 Rs. Now the thing i want to know is that The amount which i am paying is it possible that by adding in more 1000 or 2000 into it will I be able to get a better deal or better processor else. hope u will help me
    thanks cliffrock

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

15. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

q1 - wt purpose is this threa meant for? have the manufacturers stopped supplying manuals?

q2 - @ ronnieanand, are you sure abt the wah pedal description? sounds like a tone knob to me!

q3 - can nebody tell me the current price for Zoom 707 II processor at furtados? i want to sell mine.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Seems like you got confused with the terminology.

Tone knob on guitar is a low pass filter.
    Wah pedal is a band pass filter.

So when you engage your tone knob on the guitar it starts shelving off the high frequencies.

Wah pedal shelves off high as well as low frequecies, and humps the frequencies in between. This hump is what we control when we rock the wah pedal.

The hump usually goes from low mids to high mids.

17. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

i knw wht a bandpass filter is. used it in making my pedals tone knob too..but i worked with wideband..is that a narrowband that is used in wahs?

18. metalsriks

metalsriks New Member

Patches Needed

i need patches for KORG AX5G.....can anyone help?
    (i know that there's a manual.......but i wanted diff patches for diff artists)

19. lazy_headbanger

lazy_headbanger New Member

Info!!

hey ppl,
    am planning to buy my first processor,how's the new zoom G1.
    I play metal/rock..is it a fine option cause ??

20. luvthyguitar

luvthyguitar New Member

Hi Lazy :)

I have ordered for the same G1 and will be getting it in 3 days :) ... For a newbiee starting with effects i feel its value for money... but if u r a level ahead and looking for pro performances i think you should go for G2 or better G7.. I have seen people using even G1 for shows and it works fine though...

Cheers!!!