processor buyin help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by satch_attack, Feb 23, 2006.

1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey guys,,

im lookin into gettin a a new pedal..i have a zoom 505II processor currently and would like to get a expression pedal....its about 60$..but wen i searched a guitar site ..i noticed a digitech RP80 for 80$ wit the expression pedal..so i am in a situation were i dont know wat to buy ...buy the expression pedal and use it with the zoom or buy the rp80 along the expression pedal..please give some rp80 reviews ..i mainly want to know how the wah ,distortion and phaser is ,,

i also noticed a original crybaby for the same price ..so wat do i buy .
    1) the zoom expression pedal
    2) digitech rp80
    3) dunlop crybaby

is the digitech worth the price ? also ..does it have a decent wah ???..cuz if it does ..i il remove crybaby outta the list ..plz guys..need some reviews of rp80

2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i knoe this sounds stupid>
    but wat exactly is an expression pedal?

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

You can actually make yourself an expression pedal instead of spending 60$ for one. All you need is to buy a volume pedal and a couple of wires.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

HOW????????????

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

volume > expression pedal conversion aahh...

heard of it ..but are dere any guides to do it ?

anyway..it wil involve solderin and stuff and rite now i dont have the time to do all that ..i just want to go out a buy a nice expression pedal...besides a decent volume pedal wil be like 40$ ..so mite as well spent another 20$ and get a nice expression pedal.

and ujsen..an expression pedal is used to control the patches in real time ..

doesnt anyone have a rp80 ??..come on guys..need the reviews

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Its simple , use 2 mono wires on the volume pedal and you'll need a converter to make these 2 mono wires into 1 stereo wire which you'd plug into the unit for the expression pedal. I have'nt tried this but this is the procedure to do it.

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Control patches......
    wt is that:eek::??

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm... I don;t like the Digitech Rp-80, but hey, it soes have good effects....
    I'd buy the expression pedal given the choice... and continue with the Zoom...

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i rally dunno. if u like the zoom - i guess itd be nice to have an expression pedal. id personally go for the rp 80. the wahs on the digitechs are def. better than the zoom one. plus it allows u to experiment with both post/pre effects. u can have one running direct with effects like chrous or wah and the other with a distortion. u can change the order to actually simulate pedals. it would give u a lot of control. of course, the sound is going to be as good as true bypass systems, even in direct, there will be modification to the signal. dont worry too much though. i say go for the digitech rp 80.

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I should give you my Korg AX1G for free......

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hey.. gimme the KORG for free...

Hmm. for satch_attack = Why not try out the Zoom 707 and compare with the Digitech series?

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I might give my KORG AX10G.

13. watchtheclock

watchtheclock New Member

can i buy your KORG AX10G ??

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh a small mistake: its KORG AX100G.

Thats supposed to be a collectors processor :grin:
    Dunno if I should part with it.

15. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

If u hav a seperate distortion pedal and sum other effects.........CRYBABY CRYBABY