problem with electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by prashant_soni14, Aug 2, 2006.

1. prashant_soni14

prashant_soni14 New Member

hi dude....i have a electric guitar...but i'm not using it from last 6 and more months. and few day befor i use it i find that distance between feart bord and string are very big...it's not like that before...what should i do?

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

u can try changing the string heights at the bridge. better get it done at some guitar service centre (the place u got it from maybe) coz it just might cause intonation probs nd buzzing
    also u can suggest them adjusting the truss rod.but never try to do it urself. my friend tried to do thatnd next thing was as dat the neck was loose in his hand
    lol

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

the truss rod isn't a tool to adjust action, its to set the action/neck.
    its unlikely that you'll need to adjust the truss (unless your neck is bowed). if it turns out that you do need to adjust the rod, please take it to a person who knows what he's doing, unless you want a snapped neck.
    like prit_undead mentioned, you can adjust the saddle on the bridge to change your action.

4. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

maybe the action gt high due to da neck getting bowed
    dunno

5. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

i agree with the rest..try adjusting the bridge height first...if that induces buzzing of the strings, then you should take it to a professional for intonation adjustments...and ya, keep away from the truss rod..

6. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

hey hasnt used it for 6 months, and the strings were still attached, so id say it got warped..
    the necks prolly bent, i think
    im not a pro, so i dont know what you do then...ask the guys..

7. apray

apray New Member

Next time u put away your guitar for 6 months, make sure you loosen all the strings - else the neck is bound to bend due to the sustained stress.

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

lol......:)

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

??

H-E-A-R-T == Heart
    F-E-A-R-T == ?? (Fart)

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

ROFL nice 1 wiz ;)

11. rohit

rohit New Member

Try Adjusting The Bridge Height .if The Neck Has Bow Dont Do The Truss Rod Adjustment Yourself Unless You Have Done It First.i Have A Very Bad Experience With The Truss Rod Adjustment!!!

12. rohit

rohit New Member

My Yamaha Acoustic Has The Same Problem Distance Between Strings And Fret Board Has Increased.i Play It Everyday I Don't Know How It Happened.problem Is I Don't Have Option Of Adjusting Bridge Because It Is Fixed One. The Neck Also Does Not Have Any Bow.so Pls Suggest Me A Remedy To This

13. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

yeah even my accoustic has been giving a lot of probs
    nd its got a fixed bridge

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Take it to the luthier in your vicinity.

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

If he can find 1 ;)

16. rohit

rohit New Member

In Pune I Can't Find A Good Guitar Shop.luthier????????????
    Mumbai Is The Only Option.

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

18. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

@fictional_real: some vocabulary man
    i've picked that one up :p:

19. rohit

rohit New Member

i knew what a luthier is. i said in pune there is no good guitar shop so how there can be a luthier in pune.anyways my guitar is fine now adjusted the truss rod a little bit .