Prelude To Darkness

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Demonstealer, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

This thread is a general information thread for the upcoming 'Demonic Resurrection' album called 'A Darkness Descends'. We've been trying hard to have the album released at I-Rock but with delays in recording and wanting to not hurry the process and release something thats not the best we possibly can do, we wont know till the 29th if we are releasing at I-Rock or not. If we cannot release the cd we shall be taking pre orders at I-Rock.

Whats in store. The album is going to have 12 songs on it.

The album tracklist.

1.Prelude
    2.Dreams Of The Dead
    3.Apocalyptic Dawn
    4.Behind The Mask Of God
    5.Carnival Of Depravity
    6.Spirits Of The Mystic Mountains
    7.Where Shadows Lie
    8.A Darkness Descends
    9.Invoking The Demons
    10.Frozen Portrait
    11.The Summoning
    12.Outro

The cd is a professionaly pressed one. We have an 8 page inlay booklet with lyrics et all. The cd is going to be priced at a measly Rs.200/- and it will be worth every penny and more.

Whats happening at I-Rock??
    In the event we can't meet the deadline and release the cd at I-Rock we have something special in store for you guys. We shall be taking pre-orders at the event. Since I-Rock is priced a bit steeply we are going to have a special price for the cd/pre orders at I-Rock. To place you order you just have to fill the forms we give out at the venue and pay for the cd and give the form at the DR counter.

Whats the advantage of pre ordering and paying in advance for the cd?? You will get a huge discount on the cd, it will be delivered to your house before the actual release date and you will get a killer DR poster free(curtosy of Furtados Music). So save up that extra cash to get the album.

Want to promote DR and make some money?
    If you know people who want to buy the album in your area the album is available at wholesale rates with a minimum order of 10copies. So buy 10copies at our wholesale rate and you can sell it at anything above that (not exceeding the MRP of Rs.200) and promote the band as well as make some money. Whole sale for Mumbai is open only post I-Rock. For other cities interested people can mail barcode_entertainment@rediffmail.com for rates and special offers. The album is only releasing in Mumbai on or post IROCK. Other cities wholesalers have the advantage of being the only people who have the album available for sale prior to the release date in that city(release dates for bangalore, delhi etc will be announced later).

The album is going to be available at Furtados Music for sale post I-Rock from the release date onwards.

This album is going to be full of surprises. For updates and studio reports keep checking the DR thread at https://www.gigpad.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10520

So there you have it. The album is coming soon.
    Post your suggestions, ideas, comments on the pre-release.

Cheers and Stay Demonic
    The Demonstealer

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

good luck demon dada !!

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

gr8 work dude!btw ........seeing the layout...u can be a good editor as well!:p:
    anwayz, the song title seem more matured than the previous album!hmmi wonder how u gguys jus come up with those names?!?!?!!
    at first i though this thread was abt some start wars thing!:p:
    andwayz,, good luck on ur recording!and i will make sure i will get it but tell me first if the vocaling is screaming, roaring and howling or listenable?

4. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

@rocking devil - the album has it all - talking, singing, screaming, female vocals, guttural growling, poetry et all.

There are also some guest musicians on the album like warren mendonsa(zero) and prashant(exhumation/scribe). Loads of guest singers Kanika(female vocals), Nimit(who sang frozen portrait) and Pervez Quadir.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

then it mus be a mus buy!whats the price dada?

6. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Rs.200

at irock there will be a special price on the cd and incase the cd isnt ready there will be a special price on the pre order

read above for the details of the pre order.

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey does all thta money go only to ur band members or other involved in the process as well?!

8. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Well considering the huge expense the money goes to the investors, the label, the promotors and then from the profit (we get if we sell our target number) goes to the band or is invested in further promotions like making a video etc.

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i never seen any video of u guys,, i din mean live fest vids.!so tell me outta 100% how much share of money goes to you?!
    i guess making a album in india with throatlatch records u gotta borrow or loan from someone!;p:

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey waht about producing own album ...
    in Europe many artists do that ... no record companies .. no deals ... self recorded ... almost pro music ...
    which is not overtly expensive ...

11. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

I have produced this album myself. Thats why it costs less than a normal cd. Its called an independent release.

@rocking_devil - why are u so concered about how much money goes to me?? are u not going to buy it if i get all the money?

12. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

oh and we havent made the album with throatlatch or any other label. This is a sole demonic venture.

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i guess it is the curiosity ... which even i have ... suppose i invest 100 how much will i get back ... that kinda thing ... c'mon man everyone is a little bit money minded ...

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

well do u ppl approach popular labels....or firang labels....i guess labels in india r not interested in dis kinda music...

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@cypher - yeah.some indain recording co's suck n narrow minded gooses!
    @demon dada - i will buy it yaar.i need to know it as well.whats wrong in taking some info?hey if u approach throatlacth then wudnt ur album be released outside india as well?

16. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

throatlatch doesnt have the distribution next work.

We will have the album available internationally thru some small labels, distros and websites like cdbaby.com and hopefully someone will notice any potential we have or be impressed by this record and sign us. We plan to send this to some major labels in hopes of getting signed.

17. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

aye dada best of luck once again ..

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

nest of luck then!:rockon:

19. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Is it available in Austria? Or is it just the USA and UK and those countries?

20. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Yeah it will be available in Austria via mail order. Our online partners ship to all parts of the world.

Cheers!