ppl in india looking for electric guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Oct 26, 2009.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

i was just checking ebay and amazed to find some models of godin selling for like $250. godin is a canadian company which makes fantastic guitars. it is way ahead in quality in comparison to guitars made in korea, china etc. even with shipping it shouldn't exceed $400 - which is like 18k in indian rupees i think. compared to the junk selling in indian shops i think this would be a way better deal. fyi ...

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

have you ever tried any of those guitars?

3. flood

flood New Member

i could fap to an exit 22... don't think the radiator is everyone's cup of tea though. definitely not the same shit quality as far east production.

i've played a couple of godins. the key here is versatility. they do a lot of different styles, not trying to be something specific. very good guitars on the whole, and for that kind of money, well worth it. there is a big price difference between the lower end ones and the high end ones. still, the godin i played was definitely a lot better than any squier/GIO/epi/yamaha i've played.

what i totally love about godins are the (semi)acoustics - they'Re basically hollowed out solidbodies that resonate very well and have killer piezos in there. the ACS electric nylon string was SO good i nearly put down payment on it as a broke and starving student before a good friend shook me out of it. and i still lust for an A4/A5 acoustic fretless.

4. nandac

nandac New Member

i actually own a simon and patrick acoustic (it is part of the godin company). i bought it for like $300 in new york and it compares in quality with guitars twice its price.

and i have tried some godin electrics too. great guitars. the guitars produced in korea/china/indonesia etc cannot compare with these.