Pottu Vaitha Recording

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by the_googly, Mar 12, 2005.

1. the_googly

the_googly New Member

2. the_googly

the_googly New Member

hello all...

i would like to have some feedback. what you liked?... what can be improved?

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

let me listen i missed this thread somehow...

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

its good not great not ready for stage performance the vocals.. much better than my vocals i must add :), but u need carnatic or hhindustani vocal training, u will get much better rapidly given the skills u already have.

the song rminds me of another song.. pacha pala poovu.. ilayaraja used the same template for both i guess.

5. andholanam

andholanam New Member

googly:

nalla paNNi irukkeenga. vaazththukkaL. Three areas to improve:

(1) your tamil pronunciation. la / La - idhu konjam thiruththik koLLungaL.

(2) shruthi anga inga vilagudhu. innum konjam muyaRchi edukkalaam.

(3) Bhaavam - the song is simple but not plain or bland. It has immense bhaavam. Hence you need to put some bhaavam in there. Oru chinna example : vaaznaaL dhORum - this line is not just "pa.....dapamagari". there is a beautiful continuity between "pa...da" phrase. Similarly there is a beatuiful continuity between "gari". From ga to ri it glides gently. idhai konjam observe paNNi improve seyyunga.

varappOgum nalla muyaRchigaLukku en vaazththukkaL.

jayswami likes this.
  6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

wow great feed back repping u for feedback.. :p

7. the_googly

the_googly New Member

thank you guys for your feedback... i will work on the points..

i could definetly use a good singer for the recordings ;)

any volunteers...

what y'all think about the music and the recording parts...?

The vocal part was recorded using a PC mic (?!?!?)... so that explains the noise...

i used my casio for the drums and the instruments... and taal maala for the tabla part..

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

music sounds good

9. andholanam

andholanam New Member

I can try to see if I keep up with the suggestions I gave you. Upload the karaoke in yousendit and give the link here.

10. the_googly

the_googly New Member

here is the link... please bear with the bad drums rhythm in the start... it was all keyed in using my casio...!?!?

https://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UYBU5RYOFWSR3A9XZN3XAACR9