poster of the week

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by jamhead, Apr 7, 2005.

?

what do you think of this idea?

1. 5 = real good idea..... hope its done soon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 = good idea.... a better "rating method" than what you suggested is all thats needed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 = ok idea... but not worth the effort required to set it up & run it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 = ok idea... but we dont really need such a feature

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. 1 = bad idea.. but maybe something else down these lines can be done

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. 0 = one lousy idea.... dont try to come up with more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i want to suggest another feature added to the ones we already have, like "reps" and "points".

i suggest that every sunday (or any other day), the mods and admins between them let everyone know which one of us has been the best "poster of the week" that just passed by.

the procedure to carry out this idea can be worked out later - maybe just a +1, 0 and -1, THAT WILL BE GIVEN ONLY BY MODS AND ADMINS, (with good posts getting a 1, real bad ones a -1 and so-so posts getting no points =0).
    the idea can also be extended to good and bad threads that have been started during the week, with good ones getting three (+1)s or something similar.

that way everyone will have an incentive to come up with good, apt and/or informative posts alone, and also know better than to get into bitter fights, mud slinging or posts which in any other way are considered inappropriate.
    also have a reason to try to come up with the best threads they can.

since i can never come up with tabs or chords or any thing very technical, i also hope that if this idea is carried out, it will have two categories - "best musical poster of the week" and "best among non-musical posts" :)

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ jamhead , thanks for the suggestion ...

i dont think so there is any requirement of such a thing as of now , we dont need to praise anyone as a best poster - moreover we have something like the best guide award in which neo totally on his discretion and on the basis of posters post value and quality judge and give him recognition along with some points and reps which makes a lot of senses .

check out the thread ur self

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=3183

moreover these guides and posters are always selected for their posts in tabs / chords / tutorials and music and guitar related forums and not from chit chat !!!

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah i have seen that thread about the competition for submitting the best guitar lessons.

i was suggesting a running thread, like a cross between the "thought of the day" (which only mods and admins can post to) and the "rate your fellow igt-er" (which is a loose sort of assesment of fellow posters) thread.....

also based on posts which arn't necessarily musically didactic.

5. skaw

skaw snooze

k gud idea .. but it gona create jealousy .. its human nature .. i don't care about it .. but ppl here .. they are all just .. blaa .. anyways, my oppinion as a member of igt is that this is not such a gud idea ..
    putting up contests is safe .. but things like .. 'best tabber' 'best poster' .. that will be more of a autocratic thing .. u noe onli the mods and admin will be be deciding who to award .. well i hope you know what i mean ..
    jealousy will lead to a chaos.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes.. and its precisely to avoid the favouritism and other motives that i suggested that only mods and admins (whom we can, and should, safely assume to be fair) should do the deciding. not me and you. i may like some member personally and thus support his/her every post and so on.

i dont thing it will create jelousy. it will create competition and be a reason to post (or start threads) as best as possible.

and thats a good thing IMO