Posers who claim to be ROCK bands

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by dareprasad, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I've been ranting about both bands ever since i knew them. I'm sure some others did the same aswell.

*zing*

Read the post before yours.

2. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

But hey shsnawada, dont you think good talent always find success and glory.. Every band has a humble beginning, playin covers, openings.. They help each other..

3. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

exactly dude i knew u were a trendy guy :) so lets pee on LP and LB together...firstly, make a voodoo doll of Fred Durst and feed it to the rabid dog who barks in your lane at night...then u tell us how we can berate these two bands next..gimme some more ideas...i betcha ppl around here will commend u for it...wat say ppl??...Holler if you hear me

4. shsnawada

NO. I disagree. Ifyou meant commercial success and glory, then you nailed it.

5. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

shs does prasad bhai realize i was being sarcastic??...i hope he dosent take it to heart wat i said earlier :)

6. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

shs does prasad bhai realize i was being sarcastic??...i hope he dosent take it to heart wat i said earlier :)
    a little addition : commercial success and 'short-lived' glory

7. shsnawada

I dont see him taking it as sarcasm :|

ps: No one answered by question that i asked before

8. dino

dino New Member

hey punk !!
    I believe it's time u should switch to enigma and enya .. u definately need a break wid ROCK !!

9. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

hey shs can u repeat the question please and dino who's u'r rant aimed at??

10. shsnawada

Two questions actually:
    - Do similar things happen with other genres?
    - How is not being rock bad?

Its really trendy to read posts. Youre going against the trend. Cheers for the revolutionary (who doesnt accept stereotypes)

11. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

hmm now i wonder if u'r being sarcastic :)...neways

Yes i guess similar things do happen...look at hair metal for instance...Europe and Warrant for example...ppl loved wat they did and i was one of them...but did u listen to their new albums they tried to change with the times but it is not wat ppl expect from them...if the consumer wants to listen to modern rock...he/she'll buy a CD from a modern rock band...from a Europe or Warrant...u expect fist pumping melodic singalong choruses wen u invest u'r cash in them...

Not being rock is not bad at all as long as u do wat u beleive there will always be takers who r like you and will listen to you...i believe that to each their own...but dont commit the crime of calling something rock or metal wen it is not...stick it to its genre or create a different genre for it...for the record...i really dig and appreciate
    Phil Collins,Billy Joel,Neil Diamond, Crowded House,Paul Young, John Mayer, etc
    but my true heart lies on the fretboard of the electric guitar :)...

12. shsnawada

Yeah but hair metal also falls under the larger genre of rock. :% I wanted to know if this happens with other genres. Carnatic maybe?

So calling somthing x - genre when its not x - genre is a crime? hm....

13. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

@acidwabbit.. you are good at this man..you should be a editor of a music mag..

14. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

Thank you for your kind comments Sir :)...i actually used to do something like that a while ago...lasted for sometime and then life got busy...u come across any current openings recommend me dude :)

15. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

sure thing!!!

16. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

shs..sorry to say but am not much of a carnatic music listener so cannot comment on that probably somebody else could...
    as for calling something x genre wen it is not IMO is definitely wrong because the general music buying public thinks they r listening to Black metal if "In Flames" is stacked there and they would say this to everybody they meet and it hurts the consumer in that way and the artist probably too in a high buying environment in the long run

17. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I'm sorry to interrupt here, I'm not a metal fan, but I just wanna know what is the difference between Black Metal and Death Metal and the various metal genre's (I'm sure there are many)?

I mean how would you explain it to a total noob like me.. in words and not by posting soundclips ;)

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

U can visit this link for more info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres

:beer:

19. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

I hope your're not pulling our legs dude ...anyways i think there is another thread on the forum regards to this...if u cant find it...ask again and will try to clear the fog from your eyes :)

20. vishalj

vishalj Banned

No really. I really don't listen to metal and thats the only reason why I don't attend shows in Bombay. I have gone for 2 and all they played was metal. Kinda put me off.

I really want to know.. not pulling anyone's leg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.