Posers who claim to be ROCK bands

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by dareprasad, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

which both? i have big like list.. right now i'm into mudvayne..

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I meant gordian knot and limp bizkit at the same time. You like them both at the same time?

3. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

hey ppl talk abt heavy, loud bands.. i just wondered which is the light, soft and smooth band... ha..ha..ha..

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

I think on this one, im gnna have to side with alpha..
    :NoTalk:

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^lol, sorry state of affairs, isnt it?

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

LOLL..
    u can say that again!!
    :grin:

7. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

watever

I think to even become as poplular as LP, Limbizkit or watever band u may term as "shit" it takes great deal of courage and determination and offcourse the hardwork....stop giving openion on others...coz they are there coz of their hardwork if u dnt like them then dnt listen to them..............iam not a metal fan but learn to appreciate all forms of music.....coz its music afterall.

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

AMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEENNN...

music is music is music..

...its terribly amusing how things sound better coming out of someones elses mouth or rather, post!

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@walk_alone, you realize the number of underground bands with limitless amount of talent who are being denied an opportunity in light of "pop culture" bands such as LP and Limp Bizkit?

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Now I remember why I do not frequent this part of town.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    shoooo!
    go away!

Stay clear of these dark damp dungeons in the bowels of IGT, where the music and the bands are tortured mercilessly and discriminated based on their genre.

12. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

hey nickelback's "How You Remind Me" & "Someday" are almost identical except for lyrics. i downloaded a song from the net which combined the two songs into a single track, "How You Remind Me of Someday".. haha..

The band was booed offstage at a Portuguese heavy metal Music festival. Feeling they didn't fit with the genre of the other bands at the festival, Nickelback was reluctant to do the show; Chad Kroeger's inquired to the hecklers, "Are there any Nickelback fans in Portugal?" The lackluster response led to him and Vikedal displaying a vulgar hand gesture and leaving the stage after only a few songs.(WIKI source)

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Limp Bizkit rocks

yeah Im a poser

14. shsnawada

To become popular it takes a good record deal, catchy (but untalented) songs, and you have to make exactly waht the consumers want. Thats hard work? And it takes courage to make the exact music that they, the composers want. Regardless of how strange it is. It doesnt take much courage to water down everything so that they could reach more people.
    Freedom of speech maybe? Some of us think that each member from a bands like limp bizkit should be crucified, and we have the right to have that opinion. And about appreciating all forms of music: I just cant appreciate market driven music. Thats my preference and i guess i share it wit other people. (there's a difference between market DRIVEN music and music that just happen to sell)

+ what disturbed said.

15. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

Everyone needs a smack on their asses

Firstly, dareprasad u seem confused dude, u dont like LP but quote Limp Bizkit i dont know whats worse than that. have u even heard Gordian knot or are just quoting some website off a google search...and shsnwada, bro its not their intelligence and hardwork cause i'm sure that it can be scientifiaclly proven that space monkeys are more intelligent than Fred Durst and the asswipe who spins a turntable in LP...its just marketing by the radio shows, sponsors and record companies giving in to the majority of our generation where trends change faster than one night stands...
    Alpha 1 let each bear his own cross...u've probably grown wiser ...others will learn the hard way when the trend changes again :)...so state your bands and your rants and leave it be...we need to be together on this board...the last of a dying breed of guitar worshippers...
    for the record i dislike all the above bands except Gordian knot...ppl who think Limp Bizkit is rock should spend some time cleaning their ears and pray to the guitar and rock Gods to forgive them for their blasphemy and should then proceed to crank Iced Earth to 11 on the dial...there is still hope for you :)

16. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

WhY r people so anti-Linkin park here?
    i mean wazz wrong wid them?

17. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

i assume u consider my earlier comments...can you name five positives of Linkin Park ???...

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^ POSER!!!
    :p:

19. acidwabbit

acidwabbit New Member

^^^^^^^
    Dude...
    when did u fall outta Justin Timberlake's ass ???....

20. shsnawada

@acid wabbit: :beer:
    Theyre part of the music INDUSTRY, which involves consumerism. Thats not art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.