Plzzzz Help me !!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by RBJ, Dec 30, 2003.

1. RBJ

RBJ New Member

Hi Friends,
    I m a new member here. I just joined today. I bought Acoustic Guitar few weeks back and right now trying to learn chords. I got couple of books for that as well. Then I searched on google for hindi songs and I ended up here. I thought you guys can help me out.

My problem is....I feel it very difficult to switch from one chord to another chord. And mostly I m confused like where to start..? I m totally new. I just learnt the Guitar parts couple of weeks back..so you guys can understand how new I am to Guitar.

Can anyone please help me how to start and where to start.?

:confused: :(

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Hi, Welcome!

The reason for your difficulty is that you haven't played chords long enough to be able to move from one chord to another. You have keep practising.

Well, choose four chords which you think will be easiest to move from and then keep playing them constantly and then after awhile try to switch from one chord to another. I know there will be huge interval between one chord to another...but that's ok. Don't let it demoralize you, happened to all of us.

We had previously discussed the same topic before, you are bound to find something interesting here...

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?threadid=610

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?threadid=465

P.S Keep the Faith:)

3. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

The simplest thing

The simplest thing to do at this stage is play two or three chords and keep practisiing a swift change. Here's a good thing to try:

Play a G Major using ONLY the last four strings and your ring finger on the third fret of the high E (last string). Other three strings are played without fretting.

Play C major using ring finger on the second fret of the D string and the index finger on the first fret of the B string. Top 4 strings only again. Don't play the low E and A.

Play D major using index finger on 2nd fret of the G-string (;-)), ring finger on the third fret of the B string and the middle finger on the second fret of the last high E string.

You'll probably get stuck between C and D but a little practice will fix that. Also stand (or sit) relaxed and don't raise your shoulders and don't hold the fretboard as if you're very panicky. That should start you off well. Continue with lessons from websites like www.guitarnoise.com and so.

Whew.