Playing out of tune

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by ritu_guitar_lov, May 5, 2006.

1. ritu_guitar_lov

ritu_guitar_lov New Member

Guys I have been learning guitar for 3 months now...i have learnt the chords..my problem is even though i know the chords for so many songs and know how to play chords but when i play them they sound so out of tune i cannot strum any better...slowly i m losing interst in learning though i really want to learn but even after 3 months of learning whem i not able to play its so frustrating...
    plz help guys
    I dont get much time to practise but still i try to do as much as possible

2. anilkrishna

anilkrishna New Member

Practice.. Practice Practice...

There is no replacement for practice. Read different articles on guitar practice on guitarnoise.com, those are inspiring ones.
    Music is not easy. Choice is yours.

3. cronix

cronix New Member

Practise Practise Practise..... You will definately get better eventually..... If u really want to get ahead with guitar then u must have patience.... I agree with anil that music is not easy..... Choise is yours

4. jim4u18

jim4u18 New Member

its just 3 months u cant expect to be a pro guitarist leanin is not bout knowin the positions of chords its bout how fast u can switch btw the chords
    i learnt my first song after 3 mnths ur guitar sounds outta tune coz of chord switchin.Well rite now i wud say dun concentrate on learnin songs concentrate on technique once thts done it take 5 min to learn wanna well start with songs havin easy strummin pattern like nothin gonna change my love
    or if u wanna play these songs better just strumm them only once. get the chords shiftin rite then go for proper strummin if ur learnin frm some1 he might tell u the proper approach
    n least of all check ur tunnin may be tht cud be a problem

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

get ur basics clear..learn the chord positions for all major and minor chords..make sure ur guitar is tuned!!...u definitely need some help..either instructor or a pal or tutorial websites...just have a look at the beginner's Q and A forum too..it would provide u wid lots of info and help...most of all be patient and determined to learn guitar..dont give up and keep practicing

6. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

C'mon yaar..I'll tell u about myself.. even I was there ( i mean frustrated with guitar) .. and I did stop playin guitar..

My teacher was really bakwas..(sorry.. Im not suppose to say it..see I understand but I cannot stop myself.. He was that bad)

after that..mera guitar tut gaya.. then once I met my friend.. He played Nothing Else matters intro..and suddenly I had a magical feeling..that I should try it... ( u wont believe but I listen to this song almost everyday..)

I repaired my guitar... I tried and tried and tried..

see you need to practice... One day you will look back and laugh.. I promise..

7. MASK7

MASK7 New Member

hiya ritu! here's my 2 cents:
    is there some song that u r absolutely crazy about? some song that sounds so beautiful that u know every single note of it in ur mind. ok? found it yet?
    mine was 'nothing else matters' by metallica, that's the first song i learned. i learned guitar by reading tabs on the net, didnt hav a teacher, still dont ;) .
    the thing is if u really love and know a song then each time u strike the right chord or note, u'll feel it in ur heart and that'll make u happy which in turn will keep up ur interest in learning the guitar! believe me it is a beautiful instrument and u really dnt wanna give it up that easily ;)
    here's a little tab that sounds nice and is easy (yes there r such things!)
    Theme from movie 'Dosti' : (little 'e' means smallest string on the guitar)

e---2--3--5---7--9-10-9-7-9-7-5-7-5-3-2-0----
    B----------
    G----------

e--0--2--3---5--7-9-7-5-7-5--3-5--2---
    B----------
    G----------

8. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

hi

kool
    some one similer to me
    but let me tell u its just in ur mind
    that u cant

just try to remove that "cant " out of ur brains
    and u will b able to play everything

9. Gaurav_Bravo!

Gaurav_Bravo! ..the chOOsen One!

..O!.. SO SIMPLE#:cool: ..try out with these f* POINTS>>>>
    !#! press each of the wire ..o i mean strings tightly with ur fingers on d fretboard
    !#! change the position were u r hiting.. ..i mean just move the position were u hit to strum rite now ..try upside/downsid were ever ur ears feel more comfortable;)
    !#! yeahh! 1 more point this helped my ass a lot ..just throw out ur playctrum n try with ur finger*tip ..just hit softly like just touching the soul of the damn strings ..strum kOOl! nd easily# no hury b patient baebay!:cool:
    !#! USE ONLY LOWER 4 STRINGS ..forget abt upper 2 strings ..u can take them out of ur guitar if u want(..just KING!-DING# KIDING!#;) )
    ..ok if still not working then follow these tips>>
    CHANGE UR GUITAR IT IS REALY RUBISH nd OLD or CHANGE UR FINGERS BY CONSULTING A DOC NEAR BY..;)
    ..i was having the samE damn*blOOdy*suking*mindFuking problem@#$%
    I USED MY MIND.. ACTUALY I HAD LOT OF IT:rock:
    ....muhahaHAHAhahaHAHA!@##$%^^****:rule:

10. ritu_guitar_lov

ritu_guitar_lov New Member

thank u so much

Hey Guys,

Thank u so much all u guys...It atleast made me feel better that i m not the only one...I'll try to practise more..

Thanks again everyone

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@ritu, you'll do good to take vini's advice, she's the one who taught me the C maj chord <3 She can vouch for that. I'll be a bit more straightforward with you than the others. Bottom line, you are the one who has to set a goal for yourself and do the needed practice to achieve it. You have all the resources right here on the internet, now will you go the distance? Upto you muh friend. My 50 cents.