Play it RIGHT! Kal ho na ho

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Sanje, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Sanje

Sanje New Member

G
    Har ghadi badhal rahi hai
    Em
    Roop Zindagi...
    G
    Chao hai kabhi, kabhi hai
    Em
    Doop zindagi.. Har pal ya-
    C
    ha... Jee bhar ji-
    G
    oo... Jo hai sa-
    C
    ma...
    F
    aa... Kal Ho na
    G
    Ho...

D
    Chahejo tumhe poore
    Am
    Dil se...
    D
    Milta hai voh, mush-
    C
    Kil se-
    G
    ey...
    D
    Aisa jo koi ka-
    Am
    Hi hai,..
    D
    Bas vohi sab.. se ha-
    C
    see hai,..
    G
    ai...
    G
    Us haath
    C
    Ko... Tum Dham-
    G
    lo... Voh meher-
    C
    baa..
    F
    aan,... Kal ho na
    G
    ho...

repeat for corresponding verses

2. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

dude, change the Em to D and Am to C......I know minor chords sound attractive, but they dont fit into these lines..........

3. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

gee....so sorry.......let the Em remain intact...change the other one....now...I feel like a fool.....kshama kar dena...

4. Sanje

Sanje New Member

Nope, again you're wrong

For the middle part, first from the D it changes to Am, then back to D for the repeat, and then ONLY, does it go to C before a quick change to G.

I understand chords directly when I hear them... Kal Ho Na Ho is a beautiful song that has been spoilt umpteen times in clubs I've visited by musicians who THINK! they understand the chords when they're simply playing chords that they would describe as "Chalega bhai, chalega"

There are certain chords in certain songs that do permit variations but the one you mentioned is not one of those,...

The change you recommended is one of those changes that bit by bit, can end up destroying the original feel a song has to offer.

wanna challenge me on it? Listen to the original song before you do so again :>

No comment on the change you withdrew.

cheers

5. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

......I said I was sorry buddy......my mistake....naah..I wouldnt dream about challenging anyone....not at 12:54 pm in the night and when I have an exam day after tomorrow....but still....I am not convinced about the Am part....thoroughly....I still think you need to revert to C a bit sooner than you have previously mentioned........I know there's a greater probability (oh...hate this topic in Mathematics) of me being wrong.....
    THanks....

6. Sanje

Sanje New Member

hehe

try probability equals zero. I just reconfirmed by listening to the original.

7. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

ufff....sorry.....I am an idiot....now dont sue me for "harrassment" and "undue" criticism of your musical "capabilities"...
    but...
    I should have tuned my guitar PROPERLY first....(embarrassed smile)
    Well, it sounds better over the piano......obviously...its a different scale...but still....
    Well...sorry to hurt your sentiments though......but learn to be a bit more careful and considerate about the language you employ....it's never good to under-estimate others....uff...I should stop my Gandhian lectures now.....sorry for troubling you so much

8. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

yeah, I flunked (more in the present tense) Probability in school.... ;)

9. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

10. Sanje

Sanje New Member

Its exactly the same

Only diff is it starts in C, probably like the original, whereas mine starts in G. The relative chords are exactly the same. And thanks for re-emphasizing that point I was talking about, from D to Am instead of from D to C.

In the version starting in C major, that same part involves G to Dm...

I find it easier for most people to sing it when starting in G, thats what I go for at chalets. I mean why play chords? where's the melody? i think the idea is for you or someone else to sing,... coz the big picture is to recreate the whole song.

hehe,... its still played right :>

11. guitar_lover

guitar_lover New Member

What the hell u guys are doing.
    the song has already posted by music director himself (EHSAAN )

12. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^thats da link i have given...:)

13. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

oh...yes...and....there is a difference between Am and Am7...... I thought your "musically correct" ears would have noticed the difference there SAnje ji

14. Sanje

Sanje New Member

Yes is is Am7 but when played in the 1st three frets, Am needs to be played, otherwise it sounds wrong,... because the highest note of E fits better than the G, which would be played at the expense of the E.

For the bar version, also I feel the E gets sacrificed for the sake of the chord to be played,... so when left to decide which chord on the guitar gets closer to the actual tune,... I think Am is better,..

try it and see

cheers

15. Sanje

Sanje New Member

In the chord of Am7, both the High E and G are played but a choice needs to be made between the two when on the guitar,... i think omitting the G makes it better than ommitting the E.

16. Sanje

Sanje New Member

Especially since the note sung at that point IS G after all,...

17. manjuddivakar

manjuddivakar New Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to this site and I want some information actually I have just started playing guitar and I cannot understand when u say like for eg:
    G C Fm and all those
    I have learnt few chords but where can I get the chord grid pattern for the extra chords that we use while playing a song mostly in hindi(like this one from kal ho na ho) and what about the strumming pattern like if it is give chord Am how many times do I strum that perticular chord(down down up down down up 4/4 pattern).
    Can any one plz help me and I really found this forum helpful and amazing.
    thanks a lot.
    bye.

18. vishal01

vishal01 New Member

Some one else had ealier posted the chords for this song it was
    C
    Har ghari.....
    Em
    Dup....
    C
    Chaw hai....
    Em
    kahi hai....
    F
    Har pal yaha....
    C
    Ji bhar jiyo
    F
    Jo hai sama...
    C
    Kal ho na ho.
    what have you guys to say about these chords these sound better to me.

19. arnavrules

arnavrules New Member

Reply to Sanje: Gosh..someone's talented!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i cnt believe this has gone this far... if the musical director has posted the chords, im pretty sure tht they r correct... whts the point in continuing to make newer incorrect versions???? look @ post 9 by hardik.