Planning to get a Egnater Rebel 20

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkkyrich, Jul 27, 2011.

1. flood

flood New Member

ah ok. your post just came off the wrong way, i misunderstood.

the veteran 30 is the shit. i'm running a veteran 30 with a reaper in separate 1x12" oversized ported cabs built to the AX84 design. both speakers are awesome, it's gonna be WGS for me from now on, i wanna try scumbacks too though. will definitely be trying the WGS alnico blue copies, they're cheaper than the celestions and apparently sound better than the current production ones. need to build that AC30 first though....

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Can we get the Veteran 30 in India? If yes, from where? They are half the price... Flood do you have samples of the sound you get from them?

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

4. deepsal

deepsal New Member

i contacted cart2india on ebay they said that
    they can bring 2 of em for 13500 incl duties and shipping
    which costs 500 more than v30 in india
    its upto you
    i suggest
    get pine wood 13mm
    vertain 30 speakers
    vinyl/rexine
    and get the cab built by fingerjoint technique to get a cab which will sound great and will last you decades but its weight well ummm ;D

@flood can you tell me where can i buy handles washers and all other stuff specifically made for cabs in india?

ricky i suggest you look into vox amps too dobt know much about em but they are good too

5. deepsal

deepsal New Member

the speakers in rev h
    jr cabs are shitty shitty as ****
    dont know about the build quality
    i saw that ad too

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dude that cart2india guy overprice things by almost 3 times...I once contacted him for a pedal-board...And i think if the Veterans cost same as Vintage 30 in India then i might go for the Vintage for the brand value...If i get hold of the speakers then i can get a cab built by bobby in Bangalore..And bobby is cheaper then Ansar for amps and cabs both...
    I actually looked into the VOX NightTrain amp head also..but again i cant try it out anywhere.. have to judge things by the reviews mostly...

Tell me where to order the Vintage 30 from?

7. deepsal

deepsal New Member

8. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

My thoughts about this is.....You are wasting a hell lot of money on that amp.....
    Get a Laney Cub 20 Head and a decent 2x12 Cab.....Get some Effects Pedals....Run it tru the amp....It will make even a Squier Bullet sound like ***......
    Just my thoughts tho......
    Good Luck

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Do we have a Laney Cub 20? :think:

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@Deepsal: How much does the Vintage 30 sells for in Kolkata?

11. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

You do.....check on the laney website.....its around 21k in Furtados......prolly 17-18 after a bargain...

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Its the Laney Cub 12/12r you're talking bout...

13. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

14. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

15. flood

flood New Member

all my samples are on Aditya Nandwana's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

check the description to see which speaker it is. most are of the reaper, but there are a couple of the Vet 30 if memory serves me well. SM57 to soundcard.

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Bobby is cheaper possibly because he hasn't been building amps (or perhaps only for personal use) for very longer.

Don't get too carried away by these things, the Greenback and Vintage 30 are good and you don't have to bend over backwards trying to get hold of something that's not as easy to acquire.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Your are right hundredth... I was just asking if i could save up some money... I think i might end up buying the Vox Night Train Cabinet as that's the most easily accessible cab currently and will save me a lot of effort...and price is good too... All other cabs (Orange, Egnater etc) are way too overpriced...They all sell for the same price in US though...I wonder..

18. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

@rickkkyrich - I am sure you will love the Vox Night Train Cab, and in case in the future if you wish to build your own cab, the speaker in the NT cab could be used as well (Just in case you may want to get a better wood cabinet). Do you gig a lot? if you do, then you might have to get a solid cab, I am sure NT cab can withstand the kind of abuse a gigging musician would put on it, nonetheless, just get the NT cab and play the music and do not bother about the tech stuff...(I mean it in the cleanest and purest possible way)