Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Theguitarist, Feb 18, 2006.

?

Pink Floyd's music to you is:

1. ultra music

40.5%
  2. one of my favs

32.4%
  3. good

8.1%
  4. some songs are good

10.8%
  5. not my type

5.4%
  6. I have not listened them much

2.7%
  1. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Pink Floyd's only Grammy so far is for the song 'Marooned - Division bell'.
    That's strange.

@dennis - Thanks for the link.i read the posts by publius and genesis.

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Thats cuz they never cared about singles, they just wanted to deliver an excellent album. Anyways their stuff is too complicated for the numbskull peabrained Grammy people.

3. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

lol that's true.Grammy is crap but still it is considered biggest award and some great indian classical musicians also look upto it.The only rock band in the scene this year was u2.If grammy would have been fair pink floyd would have taken all the awards for divsion bell.The album is perfect.I don't know why it did not became as big hit as dark side of moon?

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Who said the Division Bell isnt a hit. It is, but Dark Side is better

5. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

I don't know who said Division bell is not a hit.I didn't.

6. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

For people who have not listened much Pink Floyd try these to start:

another brick in the wall part 1,2,3
    comfrotably numb
    wish you were here
    learning to fly
    free four
    coming back to life
    high hopes

Try any if you like it listen other songs.But if u dont then pink floyd is not your type.

7. rjain172

rjain172 Banned

rulz!

Actually, Pink Floyd is a pure hippy band, as their music reflects so. They r d real 'chursies' & had really made rythmic, very different music. Those ppl started a new trend & ya, they r d gods!!
    Well, when u r on high, dat's d best time 2 njoy dem.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

lol, Another dilettante joins our ranks, roll out the carpets people....

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Death Metal getting compared to Pink Floyd :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

You might like the agression or attitude of a Death Metal but dude, where's the music. It might sound cool but dont tell me it's pleasant. If you think so, dude you need professional help....

I am a Pink Floyd fan either but certainly these guys make some amazing music and some goose pimple giving solos. I dont think any guitar lover is going to deny that.

jocelyn likes this.
  10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah, Gilmour is the king of Phrasing.
    The intro to Shine On is wow. Marooned is another amazing piece.
    Ive got a DVD, the making of the dark side. They show the entire recording process. Its pretty amazing.

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Who said its "pleasant?"

ps: Meh

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

balls to that

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Balls to this too.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

testicles to that and all those who think bands from any genre are zero in terms of music and talent

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

When did he ever say that they were zero in terms of music and talent. He said the music isnt pleasant, its aggresive. No need to go hyper, chill out Have a Cigar!:dance:

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

here vvvvvvv

arey no money for cigar yaar....vodka pila do koi

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ohh..lol

anyways, back to Pink Floyd!
    Anyone like Atom Heart Mother( the 25 min song), i find it to be surreal. Wow, listening to it right now.

PS: Daaru to Old Monk pilaayega

18. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Yeah the song is very good.I also like summer'68 and Fat old sun from the album.
    All the pink floyd long songs have lot of stuff in them.They are full of nice material.But you dont get time to listen to 23 min song very often.I have listened to it complete at once only twice or thrice not more than that.I feel that shine on you crazy daimand can be divided in four songs instead of two.Becoz a there are points where the melody have changed.

What are your views about Learning to fly and Let there be light.

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

What I really like about Floyd is that the amount of ideas that go into a single Floyd song is oh so much more than any other band i have heard. For Eg. The intro to Money, the clocks in time, intro to Wish You Were Here, Shine On, high hopes, marooned.
    Learning to Fly is only OkOk for me, a little poppish though the solo is melodius. But the song really doesnt cut it for me. I think the absence of Waters really took that hard rock, thumping bass edge from Floyd( Eg. One of these Days).
    Let there be light and Set the Controls are two of that psychedelic(sp??) Floyd era..i really like those two tracks.

My current Floyd favourite is Echoes...wow,amazing.

PS: where do you put up, if you are in Delhi we can exchange Floyd stuff.
    Ive got 3 DVDs: Pulse, Making of the Dark Side and some other VH1 interview.

20. zing

zing Machine Head

i like their lyrics even more thn the music
    roger waters, syd barrett :nw: