Pickguards in India?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Torvoraptor, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

Is there any way to buy them here? I'm playing a GB Avion 1 that I bought off IGT a while ago. It's a great instrument that is a joy to play... except that I don't really like the look of it... the colour is... tobacco sunburst, I guess?

Pathetic complaint, not befitting a beginner, I know.
    But considering I'm not going to be getting a new guitar for a while now (not until I get a job) and an amp should be my first priority... I'm gonna be using this baby for the next 3 years at least.

But I feel like installing a black/dark brown pickguard to add a touch of class, but considering my complete lack of woodworking skills and the fact that the GBennett line may not be built exactly to les paul screw standards, maybe something using some kind of a self-adhesive type, I was considering installing an acoustic pickguard/scratchplate (they don't seem to be screwed on)-

Does anyone have any idea where I can find pickguards in india?
    They needn't be 'branded' or super high quality, just cheap funky shit that is easy to attach and won't harm the guitar.

I live in delhi 2 months of the year, that's about as close to civilization as I get.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Plectrum Scratched guitar finish looks uber-cool in a "pro" way.

But then you really need to be good with your playing.

3. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

It'll likely take several decades for that to happen, considering I've rarely ever touched the guitar with a pick while playing :p

It's almost purely a cosmetic change I'm trying to make by putting some classy back into the piece and making it my own, it only has 2 tone knobs and looks a little bare.