PErmanent SeaT

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by m_waleed86, Jul 10, 2005.

1. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

Should India get the permanent UN security council seat with the power to VETO????

regardless to whom you support.......does INDIA deserve this?????? :think:

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ok im going to do some predicting....

some1 is going to say - "yes of course india should have the veto!!! fcuk all the rich nations- they odnt control the world" - somehow this will lead to some1 abusing muslims, another ausing catholics and some1 else ausing hindus, then well get to abusing each other and then of course:
    "thread closed"...

im not saying that this is a bad topic for discussion, but vie seen where most of these discussions lead to.

but heres my 2 cents: "yes india as one of the alrgest and msot powerful nations, poltically, economically and militarily, deserves a veto, but should accept a permanaent seat without one if thats the only way.. coz somethings etter than nothing"

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

India deserves the veto, so that UN is not a post WW2 organisation. I mean the largest democracy in the world should have a voice and should speak for all the poor nations.
    The reason why china is getting so important is because of its population. In 2030 (approx) its going to be india's turn.

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i dont think china is important because of its population......it is becuase it is communist and still succesfull AND also the amount of technology and production they offer to the world(eps the west)

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

China got a lot of advantages due to its population. Its got the largest mobile phone market. Companies look at the 400 million consumers in china and get attracted.

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i dout that gets trhem veto power... china has had veto power since very very long... lnog before mobile phone companies were arund. actaully longer than free trade was around....
    so it wasnt commercial pressure - its just that china was chosen as one of the permanent memers coz it was one of the prominenet countries of world war II. the erstwhile chinese government was thrown out of china during the revolution and it remains in taiwan. recently only, most countries realised that its follish to give taiwan (a nothing country) veto power and decided that china was the real china and then offered to recognise it as the real china and not some random occupying force.

7. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Even if India gets what the use and the point .... US still dominates .... Its all the same a total crap ... just like this country ..