PEHLI NAZAR - RACE (My take on this beautiful soulful lovely number)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by rakesh_sargam, Apr 20, 2008.

1. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Hi friends ,
    I recorded this beautiful number from movie RACE .Let me know your valuable feedback.......I have tried to make it as beautiful as I could but the chords i took were just majors...coz i was not feeling okay with the chords posted by some of the guys on IGT.Leads i guess are perfect as i have worked them up myself....not much though..just the interlude..3 notes..
    enjoy :)

OOPs !!! this beta records guys have changed their site completely and even the song i had deleted and uploaded the new one pehli Nazar on that is not appearing....I guess they messed up something there...giving you another link for the song......

www.soundclick.com/coolheart ....

I have uploaded it here as well ......I hope you will get it there...

anshphenomenon likes this.
  2. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

I just listened to the first line and closed the audio.

No offence but please get the strumming right and then re-record it. Your strumming is that of XL-ki-Kudiya song and it's not going with this song at all.

There is a point in the original song where in you could hear the strumming pattern pretty clearly. Try to follow that. The pattern I'm talking about is just after the last "baby I love you" and before "har dua mein shamil"

Cheers.

3. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Thanks for your genuine comments ,I appreciate ....
    but I liked the strumming this way because I felt the drumbeat goes like that only in the original song............
    I have hardly once listened to that XL song so that strumming was never in my mind...I just got this strumming while listening to drumbeat....of Pehli Nazar.

I need more feedback please....??come on guys...!!

4. jaydipd.mehta

jaydipd.mehta New Member

Hey rakesh_sargam,
    I did not found pehli najar on www.betarecords.com/cool.heart ..
    but Chhukar mere manko and Tujhse Naaraz is deservingly excellent ... Truly good ... Keep it up ..

5. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

What has drumbeat gotta do with the strumming?
    You're trying to play the drum on guitar? No right?

The Rhythm/melody is more important than the drum beat.

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Rakesh, didn't found this song on your page too!

7. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

thanks elfacinating...but I don't agree..

I think we can open a debate on that..... :) still I feel guitar is such a nice instrument that you can definately do the rhythm/drumbeats and melody both ....with this single instrument.....I am not very good at giving bass effect, other wise there is more scope of putting in something like a bass drum...If you see the fruity loop software, you will find that,you can adjust the drum beats's sound as per your scale.....
    In a nutshell I can say that "Melody wihtout drumbeat/rhythm is like food without salt " and I don't separate rhythm and drumbeat as I feel they are all the same.

@Keoraf/Jaydipad --I have uploaded the song at www.soundclick.com/coolheart
    as well please check it there....the betarecords guys have messed up...the site and made some recent changes...which has caused this problem...I see the old song i had removed from the site appearing there again and also the look and feel is not there...
    Jaydipad --thanks buddy for encouraging comments....I would be more than happy if you listen to this number of mine(Pehli Nazar) ..coz i tried to make it beautiful giving my own touch to this song....
    Keoraf also you comments on this song...plz check it once more ...
    plz consider my apologies for the song not appearing on the earlier link...

8. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

You even think this is debatable?

You're giving me a lecture on Guitar/food without salt instead of just correcting yourself.

You'd go a long way my pal ..

on the path of imbecility.

9. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

See....its your point of view and I believe that it is more pleasant to say that I agree to disagree....with you.....and you can't force me to accept your point of view because you feel that way........whatever you are saying is not a universal line..I will accept it once it becomes like that...

......I feel the rhythm is okay and I don't want to change it..because I like it..and let people first listen the whole song then comment on that...
    I don't believe without listening the whole stuff passing universal judgement is a good practice...I have tried other rhythms on this song as well but this one suited the best ..thats why I put like that.............and I am in no mood to start up debate with you coz .....I don't have time ....if you feel you are correct ....thats fine....I don't have issue in that ..........

10. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Well done man, i think you did a good job, i don't know if the strumming of your guitar is good or not, didn't heard the original well enough, but in my opinion it sounds well. Good vocals aswell, only a few tiny Sur faults, especially when going down from the higher parts. Keep going man!
    Elfascinating don't wanted to interfere in your discussion about the strumming but as far as i know, the drumbeat has certainly to do with the strumming, maybe not for all rhythms but certainly for a few. Just for example, the guitarstrumming in a reggea beat, its thats what makes a reggea a reggea beat, the basic strumming goes partly along with the accents played on the hi-hats, so i don't think you were right on that point!

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

elfacinating no point tellin these guys if it was gud or not....they are in no mood of listening......they think wateva they are doin is supposed to be gud jus becz they hav put in hardwork...dey don understand the fact if their best is not good the effort is no good........

sargam....did u hear the song atleast once properly before doin it....the drum beat uggh no drums in it the beat is not the same actually

and u are here to play guitar not drums and no drums cannot be played on guitar i think if that was poss there would be no drums....don prove urself dumb by givin stupid comments....i know ur not dumb so don try to be.....

as per the singing no good again u gotta do better.......

ma case rests there...

12. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Thanks a lot for listening and your generous comments :) I definately love to have one from you....... :)

13. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

pretty good!
    nicely sung and decently played.
    i like it.
    keep up the good work.

14. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Thanks brother.....for your encouraging comments...!!

I am too happy to hear that from somebody having so many green dots....:)thanks again !!

15. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

yeah sure ill be postin mine soon jus waitin to get some time off ma band practices...

16. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

Good one rakesh!! i liked this strumming pattern different from the original....there is no point doing the same original thing...so i guess if u cud do it differently and still sound it good..thats gr8...ur singing is also descent enuf....may be u cud improve a little on ending notes...its little weak i thot...
    -Krishna

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Rakesh: What you're saying is absolutely correct. When you're playing, you're a musician and not a guitarist or a drummer or anything other than a musician. You incorporate everything into your playing and strumming should totally be based on the beat/rhythm.

That being said, I didn't like your strumming because it seems (to me) that it changes the entire mood of the song. Also, I'd advise you to use more open chords when you're playing with just a guitar and nothing else. The ring of the open strings gives you a nicer sound overall and doesn't let the song feel empty. You have a nice voice. You're certainly on the right track though and I think your strumming will improve with time.

Also, don't just dismiss what other people are saying without looking carefully.

18. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

thanks bjr.

Thanks a lot bjr......I somewhat agree with your point of view.Even I didn't find anything wrong on what Adi said ...but if you are judging something then you should hear the whole stuff.......and then if you say something then its okay with me.....even I listen to others all the time to catch up any good strumming patterns...but meanwhile I also like to innovate ..may be the innovation didn't come up as good as expected and song's tempo became slightly faster..

Yes, I am working on my strumming more now....and also trying out new stuff which I never tried before....like Tequila Sunrise....and other soothing english numbers....which suit my taste..and look beautiful on open chords....lets see when I can post them....

19. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

hey man.......nice cover........

but seriously man........the rhythm needs to change.........it too dichik kinda stuff and wat bjr said above is absolutely right..........u need to use open chords if ur not using a drum machine.......it'll give the song an acoustic feel........

nice voice.........but slightly reduce the gain.......it cracks in a few places.......

but overall nice cover man!

cheers!
    :beer:

20. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i did listen to the whole song