Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 13, 2004.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    I am buying a Boss DS1. Any comments on it. I have seen great reviews about this pedal. Also I am looking for a good delay pedal. Any pointers. I need the best. How about these Strager Delay pedals.

Am disposing my KorgAX100G. Mint condition with box and manual. Rs.7000 flat.
    Any takers. By the way it's hardly used and less than a year old.

:rock:

2. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

check out the digitech Digidelay and the Ibanez DE-7
    Both of these daly pedals are great and dont cost much
    if u want features get the digidelay (it has even got looping)
    or if u are fine with normal delay get the ibanez
    but be sure to try them out side by side

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Boss DS1 distortion is a really good pedal imo. But having said that I hardly use the distortion, i'm a overdrive boy :)

But the Boss pedal is really good. Doesn't the Korg AX100G have a delay built in?

4. ronnieanand

AX100G has all kinds of Overdrives and Distortions. It sounds a bit digitized and nothing when compared to a stand alone distortion pedal. Another thing is dont wanna spend too much time tweaking around with the pedal. I'd rather spend that time in playing.

5. ronnieanand

Hey you asked for delay in Korg. Yes Korg has delay and echo too. But I am disposing the multi fx and want all single pedals.

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

oh ok. well i have both the Boss Turbo Overdrive and DS-1 and they are both great pedals that i would highly recommend.

Also there is this DOD Hard Rock Distortion Pedal thats really really good and it would be much cheaper than the Boss pedals.

7. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Help me With Pedals ! ..
    1) can any one tell me Gud Pedal processer Companies ! and their series !
    2) i want to buy Pedal Guitar processer , its my first one im buy Can any one sujjest me wht to buy ? in bujet b/w 5k to 10k best Avilable processer ! aslo tell ME the effects .
    3) Can any one tell me GUd web site where i can get Rate of Electric guitar ANd grear IN USa !

8. ronnieanand

Hey Ravishing,
    Try zzounds.com or musiciansfriend.com for gear. If you want a Multi effects pedal, you can look at Boss, Korg, Digitech, etc.. I have a Korg AX100G to sell. It's in brand new condition and is only around 8 months old. It has several types of distortions, overdrives, flanges, chorus, delay, echo, etc.. plus you can also have custom patches with upto 7 effects. A great pedal. I am disposing off, so that I can get individual pedals. All this for Rs.7000. :)

9. RAVISHINGBOY

Tell me Gud Prossecer in
    1) Zoom
    2) Boss
    3)Digitech
    4) Marshel
    which has Gud effetcts

10. RAVISHINGBOY

Tell me Gud Prossecer in
    1) Zoom
    2) Boss
    3)Digitech
    4) Marshel
    which has Gud effetcts and b/w 10 to 15 k

11. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Boss according to me is tbest for Metal.. For Rock and vintage sounds , GNX4 (Digitecj) is good..

@ Ronnie :- If you were to buy a DS 1 i would nt stop you cause its one hell of a pedal..
    For a delay pedal, you can go for either Boss Double Delat or the Digidelay(Digitech).. If you are looking for some vintage sounds like you told me when we met, I suggest you look at the Jim Dunlop MXRs They are amazing..

12. ronnieanand

Hey my orders got cancelled as the music store refused to process a foreign credit card. Now I have orderd through Amazon and this time it's through and it will be delivered to a friend in the US and I will get the stuffs in a month or so.
    My new pedals are

MXR 104 Distortion +
    Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah Pedal.

I felt Morley Pedals are better than Dunlop Cry Babies in sounds, reliability and ease of use. Not personal experiences but plenty of reviews. :)

Yet to get a delay. Amazon doesn't have good delay pedals and they dont have anything good with Boss. So I am trying to acquire this delay locally.

Anybody selling of a Boss / Digitech delay pedal. Any comments on the Stranger Dealy.

13. jayanth

My personal Expewrience. .The Jimi Hendrix Crybaby is better than Bad Horsie a tiny little bit.. Stranger is INDIAN.. But the make kick wrong place pedals.. Especially the OD.. So their Delay will have a similar ckt as the Boss.. As Usual. No harm if you wanna buy it..

14. RAVISHINGBOY

Any COmments on GNx series ? do i have to Buy Seprate pedals of effect or its just a taste of guitarist ? .. does the effects of seprate pedals like Monkey , wah wah , and other digitech single effect pedals is Bit Change then in single GNX series ??

2 ) any comments on GNX 4 ?? 599$ ??

For Experts ..

3 ) Comments on these Guitars ..

Epiphone Vintage G-400 Electric Guitar
    Worn cherry

Epiphone Les Paul Special II Players Pack
    Ebony

Body Art Beast Electric Guitar
    Boris

Can u tell me any other HEavy rock guitar which can provide Heavy notes and stuff ?? not High end ! Range

15. jayanth

/*Epiphone Les Paul Special II Players Pack
    Ebony */ Aint worth its price..

Go for the Body Art Beast..

About GNX, Its just a feeling undescribable.. It depends on your taste.. If you want pedals go for it.. Else you want to Probably have an easy go, Use A Processor like GNX 4.. I have played Rajeev Banduni(Our User's) GNX 4 and it ROCKS....

16. RAVISHINGBOY

Thanx Man ! wht about Vintage ?? Jayanth .. ? and one more thing yar is Humbucking differes with 57' picksup ?? quality or Effect ?? any thing ..

17. ronnieanand

So, you mean to say that I can go ahead with Stranger Delay pedal. I can buy some else too but I want the cost to be upto 4K for the delay pedal.

18. jayanth

Go for it.. Its pretty decent.. You MXR will make it better..

@ Ravishing boy:- I didnt get your question which says (What About Vintage??)Jayanth??) Thhe Humbuckers tend to give you a lot of mixed frequencies where as the 57' Pickup gives uyou pure tone.. Generally they were used in Gibson Guitars..

19. RAVISHINGBOY

Epiphone Vintage G-400 Electric Guitar
    Worn cherry
    Epiphone Les Paul Special II Players Pack
    Ebony
    Body Art Beast Electric Guitar
    Boris

I was thinking to buy a new guitar Branded Company . ones .. And i pick this 3 guitars .. in my bujjet .. so u told me to go for Bc rich one's .. i wana know is VIntage g-400 Epiphone ( 57' Pickups ) is GUd as in its price ?? 399 $$ ...

2) Wht about silvertone guitar their Les Pauls Are littler cheaper ! is their quality is gud ?

3) Jay can u sujjest me in u way a Gud les paul guitar @ 57' pickups at range of 350$ - 400$ ??..

20. jayanth

Silvertone?? Not Sure.. I woulndt go for one..
    The Les Paul is only and ONLY by Gibson.. The rest are just imitations..
    BC Rich: Body Art Beast Electric Guitar
    Boris Is by far the best in your budget.. A Vintage G400 is yet again a little sucky.. Thats whats the reviews says.. Buy for a budget of 350-400$$ , you can get any of these.. My preferences..

for 499 $$ https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/516639/

for 250-300$$
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/518661/

For 242- $$ - The Legend -
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/519643/

The King - Warrior - 472$$
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511662/

Peavey at its best - 300$$
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511662/

If you had the money.. Nothing to beat Mr. Paul Reed Smith
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/519911/

The Kelly Copy.. 450-$$
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511633/