Pedal!!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ajitmat_24, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

I found some electric guitarist use pedals. What are the? What's thier use and should I buy it with my new electric guitar??

2. yazi

yazi Banned

A simple electric guitar will give you, what is known as, a clean tone. But most of the sounds that you hear on your bands use one or more pedals. They are nothing but electronic devices used to create effects. There are different pedals like distortion, reverb, delay, wah wah etc. Google them.
    They are of two types, digital and analog.

You don't need individual pedals if you are just starting out. You can go for multi effects processors like Zoom and Digitech, that give you fixed presets to learn to play n. Later on, you can buy indie pedals.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you can get all the sounds you want from your current set-up, don't bother looking for pedals.

jocelyn likes this.
  4. yazi

yazi Banned

lol, let the guy get a guitar first!

5. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

What's thier cost?? Some thing not very costly but good.

6. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^Tu guitar ki baat kar raha hai ki Pedals ka cost pooch raha hai

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

whats the basic diff b/w effect processor and effect pedal?

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ACtually both are different things.

Processor is well - a processor - a computer, hence digital.

A pedal can have a processor built into it, or it might be an analog circuit only.

9. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

I was talking about pedal

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK
    I still repeat:

If you can get all the sounds you want from your current set-up, don't bother looking for pedals.

11. yazi

yazi Banned

get a zoom g2 and done over with(HUF)

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

digital-analog :think:

the last time i read anything near to electronics was 10 years back..Physics that is...lol

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I perefer ANALOG.... My Digitech.. BAD MONKEY is a beauty for peanuts....

Alpha has put it beauifully... if yopur current set up sopunds good to u ... stick with it.

14. loyal

loyal New Member

Analog pedals have distinctive tone that effect processors lack ( tone is a matter of individual taste ), if you are a beginner incline towards effect processors than pedals due to its versatility and ability to create patches for further reference.