ovation purchase

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kevinwishbourne, Dec 28, 2005.

1. kevinwishbourne

kevinwishbourne New Member

Hi guys , i like to buy a ovation guitar maybe the celebrity series, but the irony is that its nowhere available in delhi , i checked with shops and all they have is applause and that too expensive when applause is supposed to be a nominal price. i been consierding from ebay but then the customs the shipping makes it so expensive that i can buy a taylor for that . i read someone talking about 123musican shipping to india . guys help me with some info

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

music123.com charges 130$ to ship a guitar to India :D

Try to go to On Stage its in Lajpat Nagar

3. kevinwishbourne

Hii , could you tell me where in lajpat nagar , is it near new bharat ?

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah..
    its just between Bharat and Bina there.. the same road

5. kevinwishbourne

Hey , wanted to know if any ovation player out here , what you think about the ovation guitars ?

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I dont own one.. But have played it.. I feel it rocks.. It sounds nice and feels neat to play it,,

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Action and playability wise..I think its absolutely amazing, especially for electric players. Dont like the tone at all..too tinny and not worth the money. And as for the USP (its piezo pickup)..it sounds completely synthetic to me...for the money you might as well invest in a piezo bridfge on your electric..it sounds as authentic, at least to my ears.
    I personally would prefer a Yamaha or Takamine acoustic (the latter has an excellent propreitory piezo system).

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Ovation guitars are extremely comfortable to play because of the carbonfiber back cover. Never played one but I have played an Ovation copy called Comet or something. Very comfortable but the sound was not too impressive. I would highly recommend Takamine acoustics.

9. kevinwishbourne

i checked the On stage , but they dont keep ovation guitar so any other option you got

10. abhijitnath

For what?
    An acoustic with a pickup on it? Takamine should do you fine in a similar price range I think.
    If you want that curved back thing I think Tansen used to make lyrachord-shell guitars too...dunn about the quality

11. kevinwishbourne

Well its not about the wood , i have a wood with me ,wht im looking is something like ovation , i really love the sound hole and that feather thing and ya the electronics are amazing . i would be checking some ibanej too

12. shak

shak Harrr!

i dont own one ..but have played a few ..
    umm tone wise
    unplugged: utterly bland and has no personality to it .. the back bowl might look cool but it doesnt help the sound ..
    its not too bad, but considering the green you pay for it, its nothing extra ordinary.

plugged in: .. wow!! the tone suddenly becomes alive and you actually go "great"

but for this money you can easliy get a tanglewood, takamine or even the small taylors ..

13. abhijitnath

+1
    Don't buy the Ovation just because it looks cool. Buy an instrument for its sound alone.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

15. kevinwishbourne

i think you understood me wrong , i already have a yamaha acoustic guitar ,i am making my mind upgrading to a electric acoustic , i have played few takamine , applause , fender and some more of yamaha , but my eyes have been on ovation because shall i say the fantasy sound hole but as some one gave the comment that i should try the Ibanez , so im kinda waiting for it to come to Onstage as the shop guy told me that they would would be selling complete Ibanej acoustic range in few weeks time .also , when iam saying ovation it is CS257 celebrity delux model that im looking for and have checked someof the review on web sites abt it but would loveto hear from a brother from the country .