our bands music.

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by dharmatma, Jan 12, 2005.

?

How did you like the two songs?

1. Excellent...

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Good, but needs a bit of work

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Strictly Ok...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bad...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

u guys r great. just change your vocalist.

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hey propeller head...thanks for listenin to the songs..
    i think ur being unfair to sunnieth(the vocalist)..he is good at what he does..
    and we will stick with him..as he is an important member of the band..

3. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

hehe propell. da vocalist's voice is quite powerful and clear .. i think he is perfect for the genre of music they're playing.

4. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

^^^^ oh yeah? tell me what he is singing? can u make out anything? its as if he attached a wah pedal to his throat. and is trying toi imitate a fake british accent.

dharmatma u r god dude!! u rock u rock. your drummer is very tight.

5. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

actually i heard other bands... too.. all the vocalists suck.. all of them have this wierd accent..

i think thats the desi rocker fake accent which i am not used to i guess..

most of them sound as if they r farting with wah pedal attached.

I liked liquid groove music... the vocalist sucks ass again.

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ahh..well i think the opinion on the vocals will be pretty subjective..

anyway..we know that the drummer is really tight..
    and hey propeller..there are two guitar players in the band....me
    and aditya(the other guitar player)has done the rythm work on the demo ...and anyway he kicks my arse anytime on guitars...although we will be sharing rythm and lead duties live.
    ive just done my solos on this one.

7. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

who is bass.. i cant hear it clearly. is it following the rhythm? i will hear mp3 on better speakers laters. i cant make out a single word of what your vocalist is singing.. if u guys r trying to make a point with your lyrics then it is totally lost on me. your style reminds me of soilwork. but i can understand thier vocalist :)

hey wait.. i think i heard the bass at the very end .. hehe so it was indeed following the rhythm. why is there so much reverb on the bass?????

8. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

swapnil is on bass...
    i know about the reverb thing...i wanted the bass tone dry too...
    he uses some processor in which he created that patch.
    he does follow the rythm a lot.

we are fairly new as a band ...so its great to have some feedback on our stuff..
    thanks.

9. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

yup yup bad idea.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

reverb = background.. totall background... from the way way back... no presense...

u want a dry/compressed bass tone with minimal reverb. no wonder bass cannot be heard. its all muddied and mixed with rest of the tracks. and propellerhead shut the f up and go back to your shell. u alread lost all the money i donated u.

11. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

Prop, how do you expect Singers - desi or whatever, singing English songs that too heavy metal... in Hindi accent? now that would(vould) be weird(veirrd) hahah.. Listen to this [Velkham To D Hoteyl Caliphornya isach a labli P-uhlase isach a labli P-uhlase] (NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE except PROP' hehehe)
    Jokes apart.... i somehow find myself so stupid replying to you, propeller. Maybe itz becz u don't even know what the H u are talking about. U are critical about something ...... but your replies shows that u are too naive in this field. Maybe u really are.. haha so i finish off here with ya.

12. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^LOL LOL LMAO:):):)@hoteyl Caliphornya:):)

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ disturbed ...
    did you listen to the songs??
    if yes please give us your feedback.
    thanks.

14. d_ist_urb_ed

Just started downloading Last page dharmatma, sorry, damn connection for mine, as soon as i listen to it, i'll give my feedback:)

15. d_ist_urb_ed

I'm not experienced to give you a technical feedback as such dharmatma. But from what my ears tell me, it's damn good! Awesome job dude, really rocked!!!! Wow........I have yet to listen to melancholy, i'll give you my feedback regarding that later.

16. d_ist_urb_ed

And i forgot to add, that's one heckuva drummer, you're amazing on the guitar:)

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

I agree with prop. 99% of indian rockers sound wierd singing in english. thats the other reason i like pakistani rock more. somehow pakistani rockers sound cool singing urdu, while indians try to fake prince charles's accent while singing.

I dont know about bands from north east mamasteen, but i have a feeling they will sound really cool ... much cooler than these fake english accent band vocalists like indian ocean etc.

dharmatma, as i had mentioned to u before, the vocalist track doesnt have presence, thats the reason the lyrics are not decipherable. Fix that, and your will have a kick ass mix.

18. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

thanks disturbed..really appreciated u listening to our stuff.
    do listen to melancholy too..and tell us what u thought about it.

@jay..will defintely look into the presence for vocals when we go to the studio next,

and i never even imagined that you were the vocalist in that song...good stuff though.

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

that was awesome stuff man..just heard melancholy yet..a few nice riffs there..
    well i think the vocalist is not as bad as everyone's saying... :p
    @jay, u even heard indian ocean?? they dun sing in english!! :p :p , but i agree abt the pakistani singers..the strings's vocalist sounds cool singing 'sar kiye ye pahar'...

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Melancholy was awesome:):rock: You rock dudes, really, cool riffs and an all round wonderful job. The vocalist was good, c'mon. About the accent thingy, well i wont comment, but in my opinion the vocalist did a good job, but yeah, i still want lyrics to understand what he's saying:)