original guitar solo

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by tanmoy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

hey friends
    i have composed a guitar solo called dreamzzz
    please visit https://www.betarecords.com/tanmoy
    listen to it
    and post ur comments on the composition and my guitarin'

instrument : Acoustic guitar
    recordin' instrument : A single Mic
    recording software : Reaper
    Progression : A9 F#m7 Bm7 E7

2. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

no rply yet!!!!!!!!!
    come on frndzzzzz

3. anubhav27

anubhav27 New Member

okkkkkkkkkk!!!!too small to feel

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hey tanmoy.

Were you using a backing track? Was the higher melody a part of the track? or did you record two melody lines?

It's nice...I think it's a little short to be able to comment on to be fair. You're heading in the right direction. I didn't actually like the melody very much....you kinda set the mood for a mournful tune by going slow in the beginning and suddenly jump into a bouncy rhythm so I thought that should change. It's good to see you're using a metronome. However, when you're recording you might want to use a drum machine instead. just sounds a little cooler. Also, is there something wrong with your metronome? It seemed to go off beat in the middle I think.

The melody in your playing needs to come out more. Its just not sounding like a song right now even though your ideas were really nice. It's great to see you've taken the first step to becoming a really good guitarist. This is just something that'll get better with practice.

Do you learn from Mr. Tutun Ganguly?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Post lots more practice sessions like this one. use the soundtracks forum though.

6. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

thanks bjr and anubhav for replying.

@ bjr

i actually recorded three tracks
    1)rhythm
    2)solo
    3)A base line build with ARpeggio (the one from the right speaker)

while recordin' the solo line ;as the rhythm track was in the playback mode and i was usin a mic it again got recorded with the solo track :cry1:
    thats why the rhythm has taken over the solo

No, i m not a student of Mr. Tutun Ganguly
    I m 4m kolkata and my teacher is Mr. Partho Chakraborty(more famously known as "Shanku da" in kolkata music industry)

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You should use head phones when you're recording. It helps.

I was just fooling around with the chord progression and came up with this:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=284341&songID=6325526

Its done on an awful nylon string that I've borrowed and I didn't have a pick even....oh well, I'm not really looking for comments though they're welcome. Just thought I'd share. I'm learning off and on from Mr. Amyt Dutta (more famously known as God) :)

8. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

i cant really use headphones to recover 4m dat problem
    my mic comes wid headphone :(
    i m goin to buy a separate mic though; think that'll do good

yeah amit dutta is 'god'
    i agree with u
    So u r also in kolkata??

and wat was dat "I use an Acoustic I bought for approximately 10 USD." :shock:
    u mean a guitar at rs 500/- ???

9. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

[deleted 'cause of double post; admin pls delete it]

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, my parents are in bombay so I'm sometimes here sometimes there. well, yeah I used to post my recordings on another forum hence the usd.