opinions on RP90 and ax5g?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by faraz.bronx, Nov 19, 2011.

1. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

for the ones who've used Digitech RP90 and the Korg ax5g...which one packs a better punch? and other than these two, are there any more processors better than these in the same price range?

P.S: acoustic simulation is a must for me..flange, phase, delay, wah, wah crybaby, reverb, tremolo are already present i suppose

my budged is 5-8k..and geniouses with the suggestion 'save 5-6 k and buy etcetra etcetra'..please, dont bother giving me that reply..8k is all i got..

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i have tried both of them...the tonal quality and patches are ausumn in both the processor...i bought the rp90 for 6.6k...i chose this coz its more strongly built up...i also tried a zoom g2.u ...the price of this was 7k...dont know the current rates...according to me the noise gate is very good as compared to...zoom has a dual noise gate but still ..in digitech and korg you have 50 patches for users editing purpose...and in zoom is only 40 patches...zoom has got a usb output...but yes zoom's are famous for their delays ...zoom's processor is a beast...it wont break easily...but for tuning purpose i felt the digitech wins...i even saw a boss processor for 12k

3. deepsal

deepsal New Member

both of em well suck too digital get a line 6 pocket pod for 7k

4. Vader

Vader New Member

depends on your level of skill and what you wanna play...
    digitech rp150 dude
    you'll get it for 8.2 or something
    line 6 has better sounds but you get less effects
    go for line 6 only if you are gonna further enhance your artillery by purchasing pedals
    else first pref rp150
    if outta ur buget then korg ax5g

5. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

razor and deepsal, thnx mates..appreciate your comments..truly helpful..

@ vader - bro, aint a pro or anything.. :) as for my playstyle, an avid fan of alter bridge, meshuggah, avenged sevenfold, metallica, joe satriani, andy mckee, apocalyptica and so forth..basically several genre of metal music but not stereotyped..wud play sufi songs if in a mood..lol..and yes, i do wish to make a pedalboard..and +1 on line6 but like u said..not enough effects for my liking..will check out 150 for sure, also the boss which razor mentioned..thanks all!

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

mesuggah yay finally an igitin who listens to technical jaw breaking music and get the pocket pod

7. Vader

Vader New Member

i think he meant boss me 20
    its popular
    but put in an additonal 2000 and purchase boss me 25 it'll cost around 13000 but totally worth it...
    line 6's tone is still the best... but the me25 has tons of features
    it has a usb interface as well

8. Vader

Vader New Member