OPETH-Patterns In The Ivy II (cover)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by slash_i_m, Feb 10, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

I just recorded this amazing song.i just love it.the vocals are missing coz i don't hav a mic.i'd be glad if anyone can add vocals to this.i'm figuring out the solo.once done will update it.but here's how it sond's now

https://www.soundclick.com/soms

dennis likes this.
  2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

sorry posted by mistake.but do chek it out.pleez

3. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

goooooooooood ...kool

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I heard it...i havent heard the original.
    I personally feel a lill more bass(and perhaps the neck pup) could have the arpeggios sounding more deeper and powerfull.
    Perhaps you could have done a solo over the chord progression. You know listening to the same chords over and over again isnt really too interesting.
    Other than that your tone is nice, im not sure but was the timing alill off in the start( or is it so in the original too).
    Try recording a solo over it. That should challenge ur your guitaring skills ;)

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

@ aka oz thanx a lot man.
    @Dennisyeah i know it kinda repeats but i thought if i leave it like that anebody could use it as
    a BT and record vocals or lead.alright i will record the lead myself.

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

You are going out of time at several places in the piece. Also try and clean up your tone a little bit. I assume you are fingerpicking the song; try getting more definition into each note. That will make each arpeggio sound distinct.

The song really needs vocals to be fully appreciated.

7. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yup the song needs vocals. man can u do it ?i can fix the timing prob.its the prob wit the recording soft it delays in recording.thanx for the reply.

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

alrite timing problem fixed.

9. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Finally heard it !!.... But i liked the other one.. "broken" better than this one...But then as you know i have no knowledge to give my expert comments on guitaring and stuff.
    hey Kiddo... good work:)

10. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

good work slash..... but there is stilll scope for some improvement...
    im no expert.. just felt that way!! .... keep rocking....

11. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

thanx lot varshita and nimisha 4 ur replies.:)
    @varshita.i thought the same that Broken sounded better.:)thank u very much.
    @Nimisha.i know there's still a long way to go.i used to record in a wrong way.anyways next time onwards its gonna be better.thanks a lot 4 ur reply.;)