one last breath cover(six feet from the edge)-creed

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by guitarist_gal, Aug 6, 2007.

1. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

hey guys...wadup...posting the cover of creed's one last breath a.k.a. six feet from the edge...had previously posted just the intro...finally gathered the patience and guts to cover the entire song..man..neva slogged ma ass off so hard for any other song...its so damn tough..performed this on my college' s freshers day..they liked it...the only difference was that i played with drums and dhinchak distortion bak then....sounded kinda cool..doesnt sound so cool without em...hope you guys like it anyway and appreciate the effort...plz plz plz post your comments....cheers..rinky
    https://www.soundclick.com/rinky

P.S. - i know there are a lot of flaws here n there...kindly excuse me cos i m suffering from serious tonsilitis(not sure how its spelt..lol...so i ll just say throat infection.)...i know i know...why am i singing then...but the cover of this song was like wayyyy past due...thts y.. :)

itwasnoteasy likes this.
  2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Wonderfully done Guitarist_gal, like always you did a good job, guitaring was good, the vocals were good too, apart from some of the higher parts of the song, your Sur wasn't very well there.
    But overall, very well done!!! Keep posting Rinky!!!!!

3. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

hey......!!!...
    dat was coooool.. Rinkyy..... :) .... can imagine..da drumssssss.....!!!!!..uske saath..toh..masssst hoga........!!!

heyyyyyyy.... u play drums too???????????.!!!!!!! ahaaaaaan.....

nice cover...!!!.kinda....gettin..distorted ..at da higher volumes.... reduce da mic volume thoda sa....
    n oye...!!....... u sure... u wre hvin throat infection????...I DONT THINK SO..! ;) ...

dat was goood.....kinda... missd a sur..at a couple of places...dats not an issue...!!!

grr8 1 once again....

im a fan of ures... :)
    take care..!!

keep posting..!!

4. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey girl that was real good trust me. good work rock on!!!!!!!!!!!

5. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

hey guys...thanks sooooo much...worked really hard on this one...sorry bout the flaws...told ya...sore throat...i know sur gaya tha on higher notes..will try to post a revised version sometime...tc...

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Got ur PM, here I am :)

You recorded the whole thing in 1 go, right? I mean, you played the guitar and sang, together. That must've taken a lotta practice, nice work!

Good job singing too, considering that you had/have tonsillitis (this is the correct spelling :p ). But I felt that your accent sounded a little fake during the verses. It probably isn't so, but that's what it sounded like to me! :(

7. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

yeah the whole thing together in one go and yeah..it did need practice....accent sounded fake?????....okay.....mmmmm..there s not much i can say to tht....lol....

8. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey guitar girl if you dont mind i would tell u something here. See i never commented on it earlier but u brought it out well and good - about the accent!!!
    Try not to imitate anything. trust me you dont need that. As long as you do a decent job then everyone will like it. try and do your own stuff of the cover.Dont bother about the accent or anything even the whole song can be done in your own way of taking it. hope u get what i am suggesting here.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. Why does the low pitched "hold me now" part sound so wierd?
    2. commendable thing - playing the apreggio while singing.
    3. its time you got a better mic, this one is making your voice sound harsh (almost telephonic quality)

PS: Why does your Calif sound so high?

10. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Agree...!:rock:

but good effort thou...Keep it up...:rock:

11. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

just awesome!!!! [:)] reps 4 u.

12. umangu

umangu New Member

VERY VERY NICE! I can't believe you played and sang this at the same time.

And I just heared your other songs too, bloody awesome! Try playing Bolo Na also using the arpeggio and not the chords.

13. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

hey guys thanks a lot for both the appreciation as well as the suggestions...will definitely pay attention to all advice and the criticism...thanks...tc..rinky

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You didnt answer anything I asked.

15. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

hey sorry alpha....i dont know why it sounds weird...wat is calif btw?? and with the low pitched chorus and im playing without the pluktrum...with my thumb...so tht the guitrar volume is low and one can hear my voice...

16. jazzbox

jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

u play well as a creed guitarist :p

well "Preet ki lut mohay aisi lagi" is also awesome ..

ur voice seems to be folk

17. jazzbox

jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Calif = californication

19. hasnain555

hasnain555 New Member

Hello.palz

20. guitarist_gal

guitarist_gal New Member

hey thanks jazzbox....really kind words....californication sounds wierd?? ok.....will
    try to revise it...thanks...