Now Private Sector's turn for Reservation!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Apr 21, 2006.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

After 50% reserved Quota for socially underprivileged (Educational) has been fixed..here is another scoop...Government is contemplating reservation for jobs in private sector for them and everyone knows Govt. is doing this for its own vested interest(vote bank)

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1498042.cms

Lets start praying for our future, if at all we'll have one.
    :think:

2. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

i think its time for us to start anothr Quit India movement...just this time this movement will c the "general" people leaving the country!
    present tense,future tenser(if thts a word..)

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

now even people in the general category have a quota....51.5 %

cool

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nah forget it, guess kissi Mod ke dil ko thes pahunchi.

Ontopic: I approve. Vini, how can you say it is in vested interest?
    Do you have any proof/evidence.
    Yopu should be knowing that the reserved categories have not really progressed much since independence.

And their population does come close to 50%. So if Govt is taking such measure what is tthe problem?

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We are in a day and age where minority rules! This is nothing but vote bank politics.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, it might be. So?

But isn't it for the benefit of the down trodden?

As of now, the ppl who have really reaped benefit from globalization etc have not really hepled their poor and rural brethen.
    When govt takes such measure, then all you ppl tout it as vote-bank politics.

7. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

So according to you....the people who have worked hard and are capable of certain positions in a company should not be given those....instead people who might have no knowledge or the skills to work efficiently should be placed.

Man, looks like enemies of the nation's progress live right inside the country.

Be logical, scholarships are ok, but quota is denying the deserving and giving it to someone who just happens to belong to some particular group.

And if in 50 years the SC/STs have been unable to attain progress than tht's a clear indication tht this quota system is a failure and should be abolished!

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah.
    Correct.

Now tell me what exactly have you (and your family) done all your life to really benefit poor ppl, who have been denied everything from birth.

What you speak about can be good only in developed economy/society where everyone has access to basic amenities.
    I include education in the basic amenties.

Stop comparing India to US/Europe, and more important: Stop being Elite.

9. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

U need to update ur source of Stats!
    50%!!! of indians belong to backward groups????

Who gave u wrong info man!!! :think:

10. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

The topic is not about wht i have done for the poor...neither is it about developed societies....nor is it about comparisons to US/Europe..

How am i being Elite? I am putting my argument here and u seem to agree as well...u said "CORRECT" ....so u agree that quota system is bogus! and we need to find alternative ways to help the backward society.

11. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Today the private sector is where it is just due to their meritorious employees. Infosys, Wipro or TCS wouldn't even have been in the 19th page of a daily newspaper if they had applied the reservation scheme at their inception.

Agreed that somethings need to be done for the upliftment of the poor and downtrodden but thats defeinitely not reserving seats for them at any place where merit and merit alone deserves a place. Why not start government intiatives in rural areas (they start off things but after the media praises are sung, nobody gives them a second look) ?? Why can't the government focus on first providing every village with sufficient water and electricity?? The impotency of the powers that be in such things leads them to raise a hue and cry for reservations and such degenerate ideas.

I dont know why the FCUK there even exists a cast based classification of the population! There would always be rich people and poor people..but why call people 'general class', SC's ST's OBC's or any damn f***** names???

12. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

u knw what i think this
    Reservation will be their they will put it cause its the most optimal move in this political senario so they will ... this VP sing is was a great thinker... our politicains r good at this....
    So no use trying to stop flood ...wht i feel that now their will be global indain middle class....alredy britain and other euo nations have started the policy of catch them young in graduate studys....political unrest na ho to asian continent main india and china r biggest HR supplier ...now china apne moderate knoledge muscle ko strenthen kar raha hai ...Indian nayee nayee restrictions laga ke apne bandoon ko bahar jaane ke liye force kareen ge ...... abb bari 12 th standard aur Bsc vale bandoon ki bahar jaane ki hai ....
    accha hai
    The system will sustain (its self)^2......hahaha

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Instead of reservations they can build more colleges, make more employment opportunities etc. Reservations are just mere shortcut tactics employed by the government whilst the elections are on, as they know they will lose without it due to the fact they didn’t deliver anything that they promised for getting elected.

What Govt. doesn’t seem to understand is in the private sector competition is fierce we are competing with the world unlike government institution which have no competition whatsoever.

You can afford to put idiots in government institutions, who are they competing with? and if things are not upto standards (obviously they aren’t) due to incompetence who cares? There are no ramifications for incompetence in the govt. sector.

What about the general public don’t they have any rights? A person who doesn’t belong to any backward cast has to get twice as much percentage to “try” to get in the same seat as the backward class. Is this fair?

So now the more qualified person doesn’t get the seat he “rightfully” deserves because he doesn’t belong to a backward class.

You are punishing the privileged ones because they are privileged?

Reservations will be the demise of everything we achieved in the past decade. We are going back to the old congress days when rice was being smuggled, you had to wait 10 years to get a telephones line and when passports were assigned after your death.

14. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

neo bhai i think even that is good ppl didnt had much research faclitiy's in india they went to US and UK in 1970's then they returned adn what they did we all know..abhi to economy bhi investor friendly hai ...indian achha khasa banda mana jata hai...its opportunity for the middle class to find out whts their in europe .....i may be wrong ...$#%@$%@#$%

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I remember a really nasty post on some other blog about this...it said.."All BC/OBC should be given a IIT degree as soon as they are born...they're gonna get it anyway! atleast they won't ruin the future of the ones who deserve it."...LMAO...:)

CEO of ITC has said clearly that quota in Private Sector will compromise the competetiveness...Premji Also seemed offended by the move...

Clearly...these people deal in ground realities...cause they know if they employ undeserving candidates...they're gonna go down!...

When the Open Category people say this...it's casteism/elitist behaviour/pseudo-meritocracy/neglect of lower castes...blah blah...

Now when some powerful people people say this is compromising on standard ...it is amatter of concern....

No wonder the GOV hasn't got the balls to pass a law like this...cause these r the people who fund their parties...but it can easily press such nonsense on the students ...what can they do?!

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

And the worst part is..a large portion of the reservation will go to the well off OBCs, who are already filthy rich...These are the guys who control politics in India, and hence cant be alienated... the bright students belonging to the poorer Backward classes never get the opportunity to make it..

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah the congress party has always been a sell out party in every way, except during the narshima rao term.

i remember seeing on ndtv one obc guy pointing out that most of the business, media, education etc in the country is in forward caste hands. well thats like saying that most of india's cricket is in bombay's hands. the reason it is so, is that it was always bombay that has always produced the gavaskars, tendulkars and nari contractors. so if the obcs want a presence in the business sector, in the media, in education sector than they should produce an ambani or a pranoy roy or a bakul dholakia. one halfwit called kancha illiyah or somethign also pointed out that the guys in iits and other top institutes are not smart at all but its only their knowledge of english that makes them beat dalits and obcs!! so what was stopping kancha illiyah to get into iit, since he knew english well?

i do not mind reservation per se' - its the way its done that sucks. they shoudl leave the top institutes like iims and iits alone and instead increase reservations in ALL colleges by about 10%. that way a lot more obc's will be benifitted, and at the same time prize schools wont be messed with. the ones abongstthe backward castes who are indeed smart can get into iits in any case or with the little quota that there currently is. increasing quota in iits and iims is like india's development - small pockets of posh offices and shopping malls like say a noida or gurgaon, while the rest of india is a dirty cess pit. token cosmetic changes dont help, in either examples. better would be a small (say 10%) increase in sc/obc quota in all colleges in india.

18. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

source : a forwarded mail::

Funny. but no so funny. I won't be surprised if any of below is voiced by one of our politician someday.

I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this.

Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for Muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that. Cricket rules should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by an OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by a OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century.
    We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib aktar should not bowl fast balls to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kilometer per hour to an OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal.
    Also we should have reservation in Olimpics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters. There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let's recruit SC/ST and OBC pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and politicians (that can really help the country.. ) Ensure that only SC/ST and OBC doctors do the operations for the ministers and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country..)